Parent and Family Engagement Policy
Highland Park Elementary 2024-2025
What is it?
How is it revised?
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
What is Title I?
District Mission Statement
2023-2024 Highland Park Elementary School Goals
Students will have equal access to a safe and healthy learning environment.
Parent and Family Engagement
- That parents play an integral role in assisting their child's learning.
- That parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education at school.
- That parents are full partners in their child's education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making an on leadership committees to assist in the education of their child.
Family Resource Room
Our Commitment to You!
- Ensure that all information related to school and family programs, meetings, and other activities is published in both English and Spanish; posted on the school website; included in the weekly school newsletters: and monthly Title I newsletters, for all families.
- Provide training to educate teachers, specialized instructional support personnel, principals, and other school leaders, and other staff, in the value of contributions of families, and in how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with families as equal partners, and implement and coordinate parent programs.
- Partner with early childhood programs and middle schools to help prepare parents and their children for successful school transitioning.
- Share information in English and Spanish on the school website and in school newsletters for families to understand the school's academic standards and assessments as well as the ways families can monitor their child's progress and work with educators.
- Communicate with all families and the community on a regular basis regarding schoolwide events and activities, through Remind, our website, social media and newsletters.
- Collect feedback from parents and family members through surveys throughout the year in order to respond to parents' requests for additional support for parent and family engagement activities.
- Provide parent and family engagement programs and activities with other Federal, State, and local programs that encourage and support families to more fully participate in the education of their child: such as Center of Hope, TN Reconnect, South Central TN Workforce Alliance and Coordinated School Health.
Let's Come Together!
Annual Title I Parent Orientation - August TBD
We invite you to an evening of learning and sharing about our Title I program, including our parent and family engagement policy and the school-parent compact. You will also be able to meet your child's teacher and learn about important grade level information.
Parent/Teacher Conferences - October 1, 2024 3:30-6:30
Scheduled updates on your child's progress
Book Fair - Fall and Spring Dates TBD
Math Night - October TBD
Learn how to make math fun at home.
December Winter Arts Night - TBD
Come see our Chorus perform and students' art work will be on display.
Parent/Teacher Conferences - February 13, 2025 3:30-6:30
Reading Night - March TBD
Learn how to make reading fun at home.
Spring Arts/STEM Night: TBD
Come see our Chorus perform. STEM stations will be set up for families to explore.
Highland Park Elementary Leadership Team
Leadership Team Meeting Dates:
- Monday, August 26
- Monday, September 23
- Monday, October 28
- Monday, November 18
- Monday, January 27
- Monday, February 24
- Monday, March 24
- Monday, April 28
- May meeting TBD