Mrs. Swanson's Monthly Newsletter
Moment of the Month
Moving right along...
In August, the kids learned how to summarize texts and make inferences using prior knowledge combined with the text. Over the next few weeks we will strengthen skills we've already learned and look at point of view as well as go in depth with characters.
Now that the students learned about multiples and factors, the real fun begins! We will be learning to multiply multi-digit numbers using the area model method and then master the traditional method. After that, we will begin division!
During the next few weeks, we will be studying rocks which will include learning the rock cycle and identifying different types of rocks using tools!
- Sep 8 - Sep 11 Technology
- Sep 14 - Sep 18 Technology
- Sep 21 - Sep 25 PE
- Sep 28 - Oct 2 Art
Dates to Remember
- September 18 - Picture Money Due
- September 24 - Picture Retakes (if needed)
- September 25 - Report Cards
- September 25 - Movie Night at 7:00
- October 8 - Field Trip
- October 16 - Early Release