Miranda Presnell 7th period
- Takes place in the germ cells.
- Occurs only in Sexually reproducing organisms .
- There are Two cell divisions, the first and the second meiotic divisions.
- Interphase precedes only in meiosis I, It does not occur prior to meiosis II.
- DNA replication takes place during interphase I but not Interphase II.
How are the alike ?
- They both involve division of a cell.
- The processes of division are the same. (anaphase, Metaphase, etc.).
- Replication of chromosomes occurs before division.
- Same number of chromosomes at first divisions.
- Two sets of chromosomes for both are enclosed by the nuclear envelope