Congratulations to the Spirit of the Elk Marching Band
Burleson ISD Veterans Day Performance
BHS needs YOU!
Are you interested in joining the District Improvement Committee? We are looking for parents, community members, and business representatives. This is a committee of volunteers whose primary responsibility is to review and help establish the District’s educational goals and objectives. The committee members serve in a voluntary, advisory role, and meet at least two times per year. If you or someone you know is interested, please email Dr. April Chiarelli, Executive Director of Learning by October 8th at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
PSAT 8/9 & PSAT NMSQT Student Information
PSAT 8/9 and PSAT NMSQT
o The PSAT will be given on Wednesday, October 16th.
o All 9th grade students will take the PSAT 8/9.
Test is 2 hours and 25 minutes in length.
o All 10th & 11th grade students will take the PSAT NMSQT.
Test is 2 hours and 45 minutes in length.
o Calculators will only be provided to 11th graders.
o 9th and 10th graders are encouraged to bring their own calculator.
Calculators can’t be shared.
o Calculators will be checked to ensure that they are on the College Board’s list of approved calculators.
o No Special Education or 504 testing accommodations will be provided to 9th graders. Only 10th and 11th graders with College Board approval will receive accommodations.o Lunches: Students must bring a sack lunch or buy one from the cafeteria. No outside food will be delivered nor available for pick-up.
College & Career Ready Elks
- $500 Mark Jameson Allstate Scholar Athlete of the Month
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
- $2,000 Schoolhouse Connection Youth Scholarship Program Deadline: Nov 10
- Additional Scholarships
Congratulations to Carson Hallack for winning last month’s Mark Jameson
Allstate Scholar Athlete of the Month Scholarship!
FAFSA Mobile App
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA form is live as of October 1! To promote a fully integrated customer experience, the fafsa.gov website has been synchronized with the myStudentAid mobile app's myFAFSA component, allowing customers to switch easily between the online FAFSA form and the myStudentAid mobile app, picking up where they left off in the other platforms.
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA in Spanish
College Acceptance Letters
Don’t forget to submit your acceptance letters to Mrs. Houk so she may post them in the main hallway!
10/21/19 College Fair @ BHS Cafeteria 6:00-7:30
10/28/19 FAFSA Night @ BHS Library 5:30-7:00
11/6/19 Hill College Spring Registration Night & Credit Celebration @ BHS Library
11/8/19 ASVAB (FREE test) Sign-up here
Want to stay up-to-date on all #Elk Family events? Click the button to be redirected to the Burleson High School Calendar.