Holly Academy News & Views
February 19, 2021
Re-enrollment link: https://forms.gle/k5UJduYTBi5R1wRFA
Annual Education Report
As you may know, spring is testing season for schools. Each year, in April and May, students across Michigan take the PSAT (8th grade only) and M-Step (3rd through 8th grade). In January, Michigans Department of Education applied for a waiver from the US Department of Education to waive state testing requirements this year. However, we have not received a response from the USED at this time. That means we are moving forward with our plans for M-Step and PSAT state testing this year. As of this newsletter, the state will not allow remote testing. Rest assured that we are creating a plan for students to come to the building and safely complete their PSAT and M-Step assessments. I will continue to update you as we learn more from MDE.
The next opportunity for your HVA student to return to in-person learning is April 5th. Should your choice be to return to in-person learning it must be full time, as we are not accepting additional students to our blended model. There will be a two week window for you to respond. The survey link for our HVA families to complete will be in next week’s newsletter.
Prospective Husky Y5 & Kindergarten Meet and Greet
From the Board of Directors
- Feb. 22 - Prospective Huskies Virtual Y5/K Family Meet and Greet at 6:30pm
- Feb. 24 - Board of Directors' meeting, 5:30pm
- Feb. 25 - Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences from 1:00-4:30pm and 5:30-8:00pm
- Feb. 25 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 26 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am, free dress down day.
- March 5 - Music department dress down, $1.00
- March 11 - PTO meeting at 8:15am via Zoom
- March 12 - PTO dress down, $1.00
- March 19 - PTO dress down, $1.00
- March 24 - Board of Directors' meeting, 5:30 pm
- March -26-April 2 - Spring break, no school
- April 5 - School resumes
HAEF is looking for your feedback regarding this year’s HA5K. Please use this link to answer a short survey. Do you think we should have a virtual 5K this spring or would you like to delay it in hopes of having an in-person race this fall or next spring? Thanks, Huskies!
March Pizza Slingers Needed
Elections for the PTO Board are held at the April meeting. There will be some turnover of our current Board for the 21/22 school year. Typically, we like prospective candidates to have attended three PTO meetings prior to being nominated for a Board seat. Should you be interested and not meet this requirement, please follow-through by emailing PTO.email@example.com, we do not want to turn away any candidates that have a passion to serve! Power of the Pack!