Mahanay News- August 23, 2021
Join us for the Food Pantry Mobile Drive Thru!
We do need volunteers! If you are interested please contact Ms. Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call at 281-983-8355 ext 22460 during school hours.
Mahanay School Shirts are on Sale!
We also have shirts from previous school years on sale at a discounted rate! You may purchase 2 shirts for $10.00 or 1 shirt for $6.00. These sizes are limited because they are left from previous years.
Previous Year Shirts- 1 for $6.00 or 2 for $10.00
Mahanay Student Masks for Sale for $5 Each!
Masks are optional in Alief ISD, however, if you are interested in purchasing a mask, we have some for sale for $5.00 each.
We have 2 student mask options:
· Grey mask with a navy blue star and white lettering (pictured on the left)
· Navy Blue mask with a yellow star and white lettering (pictured on the right)
Each mask is $5.00. Students may bring money to their teachers or the front office.
Mahanay Dress Code
Please make sure your child comes to school in dress code daily.
- Any solid color collared shirts
- Pants or knee-length shorts (khaki, navy, or blue jeans)
- Leggings may not be worn unless they are worn under a skirt or dress.
- Dresses and skirts must be knee-length (Khaki or navy)
- Fridays are college shirt day! Wear the college shirt of your choice!
- Mahanay School Shirts can be worn any day of the week.
- Jeans may be worn with a Mahanay School Shirt any day of the week
- Shoes: Close-toed shoes- No Crocs
- Our students run and play a lot at recess and PE, and we want them to be safe.
If your child comes to school out of the dress code, we will give you a call and ask you to bring the appropriate attire.
If you do not have clothes that are in dress code, please let us know.
Masks are optional for students this year, so the Mahanay staff will not ask students to put on a mask. However, if you choose to send your child to school with a mask, please remind your student how to wear them properly above their noses and mouths.
We had a great start to the 2021-2022 school year! The teachers and students are excited and ready to get into a routine. Everyone has been practicing school expectations and getting to know one another! It's going to be a great year!
- School doors open at 7:15 a.m. daily
- Students are counted tardy at 7:55 a.m.
- If your child arrives after 8:05 a.m., they must be brought inside by whoever drops them off.
Dismissal times are as follows:
- Walkers and Daycare- 3:15
- Bus Riders- 3:17
- Car Riders and CIA- 3:19
Thank you for reminding your child to wear his or her dismissal tags every day for the first 2 weeks!
If you need to change your child's transportation, please send a note in writing to your child's teacher or you can email email@example.com or to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Transportation changes must be made prior to 2:30 p.m. the day of the transportation change.
We do not take dismissal changes over the phone. They must be in writing.
If your child is a car rider:
- Please remain in your cars during drop off and dismissal
- Keep the blue tag with your child's car rider number in the dashboard, so it can be read easily.
- If you do not have a blue tag with your child's name, you must come inside and present a valid ID.
- Do NOT park in Sunny's parking lot and walk across the street. We will not release your child if they are in the car rider line.
- If you need additional car rider tags because multiple people will be picking up your student, please write a note and send it with your student.
If your child is a walker:
- They are dismissed at 3:15.
- You may park along High Star or walk to pick up your child.
- PreK students will not be released unless the person picking them up has a gold placard.
If your child attends daycare:
- They are dismissed at 3:15
- All daycare students should be pick up by 3:40
Unfortunately, parents are not allowed in the staff parking lot unless you are dropping off/picking a student in one of our self-contained special education programs (orange tag). This area is for staff parking, buses, daycares, and special transportation. All other guardians will need to drop off and pick up in the walker or car rider areas.