SCS News Brief
October 25, 2018
- Winter Uniforms: All students must come to school dressed in their Winter Uniforms starting Monday, November 5th. Students are permitted to wear their winter uniform or their school sweater prior to 11/5 if they wish. Please remember, the start of winter uniforms also requires the start of students wearing sweatpants on their scheduled Gym days. Thank you for your cooperation. Dress code requirements: http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/Parents/Dress%20Code/
- Volunteers for lunch and recess supervision are needed and appreciated! Please use this link to sign up: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2541717/false#/invitation
- We have a new lunch program! Please click here to place an order with our new program starting November 1st http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/News/Place%20Your%20Lunch%20Order/
- Enrichment registration is open, please use this link to sign up your child: http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/News/Enrichment%20Schedule%20Fall%202018
- Student Council news: http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/News/Student%20Council%20Collecting%20for%20Our%20Troops%20%26%20Veterans/
- Makeup Picture Day is scheduled for Friday, November 9th.
Mark your calendars and join us for our TRUNK or TREAT event on Friday, October 26th from 4:30 to 6:00 PM at St. Margaret's Church. We are in need of some more "TRUNKERS", please see flyer below.
Our annual Halloween parade is quickly approaching! Please review all of the guidelines and details of the event below.
- Halloween Parade: Halloween Parade will be on Wednesday, October 31st at approximately 12:45 PM. Students in grades PreK4 through grade 5 will march around the perimeter of our recess area, within our fence. Parents are encouraged to join us Wednesday afternoon and watch the parade. In respect to student safety, we kindly ask all parents to watch from the outside of our fence. Students will be marching by for a quick "high five" or photo opportunity.
- Halloween Costumes: Costumes should be tasteful, modest, and appropriate for a school environment. No form of weapon, masks, blood, or gore may be part of the costume. Students are not permitted to wear any masks or accessories that cover their eyes or obstruct their vision.
- There will be no hot lunch served on 10/31. All students must bring their own lunch to school.
- All students (preK-8) may wear their physical education uniform to school on Halloween. Students in PreK4- grade 5 will change into their Halloween costumes at school.
10/26 PTA Pizza Day TRUNK or TREAT 4:30 PM at St. Margaret's Church
10/31 Halloween Parade 12:45 PM No Hot Lunch- students must bring own lunch from home
11/1 All Saints Day Mass 9:00 AM
11/2 No First Friday Mass
11/16-11/20 Early Dismissal 12:30 PM Parent Teacher Conferences
11/21 9:00 AM Thanksgiving Prayer Service Early Dismissal 12:30 PM
11/22-11/23 School Closed Thanksgiving
12/19 Christmas Show 6:00 Doors 6:30 Show Scheduled to start
St. Catharine’s Pee Wee /Cross Country Championship Meet Results
Congratulations to all of our runners!! We are so proud of you!! Keep running!
Pre K -K Girls Pre K-K Boys 1st Gr Girls
1st Place Mary Kean 1st Place Terence Kean 1st Place Molly Fitzgerald
3rd Place Allaire Bennett
2nd Grade Boys 3rd Grade Girls
3rd Place Liam Gilroy 1st Place Kiera McInerney
SCS Harriers ran 2ND overall out of 17 schools
SCS runners have defended their League Champion status since 2011
Sunday - Oct 28 CBA Halloween Pumpkin Run
Sunday - Nov 4 St. Rose Run for the Roses at St. Rose Athletic Fields.
The girls Soccer team is in a Divisional Championship game on FRIDAY, OCT 26
At Sea Girt Army Game 3:45 . Come and support the girls.
The boys had a great season and played each game like a CHAMPION. So proud of you.
Weather was definitely a factor for this year’s Golf program. But, the students forged on even in the bad weather. Kudos to them. They had fun and learned the game of golf.
Looking for any parent who might be interested in volunteering next year with Heather & Steve Easter whose son is graduating in June.