Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of March 22-26
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
March 21, 2021
Dear Rocket Families,
We are thrilled to have ALL our face-to-face students return to the schoolhouse on Monday. This is a day for which we have all hoped and join in celebration together!
We have two more weeks left in the 5th 6 weeks grading period. Our teachers will be working diligently with students to submit any missing assignments. Please check with your child and their teacher to ensure they are on target with assignments and not behind.
A FEW IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- ALL early checkouts should occur BEFORE 2:OO PM. With the return to Plan A, our car line will increase SIGNIFICANTLY and we need to avoid any unnecessary traffic. If you do need to check a student out you are asked to park in our parking lot and not in our traffic circle.
- We would like to try something new with our AFTERNOON carline. Beginning Monday afternoon we ask that as you enter the traffic circle you utilize both lanes of traffic once it turns to two lanes before it again merges back to one lane. A traffic cone will be placed in the left-hand lane to let you know where to pull forward. Once the carline begins, a staff member will alternate dismissing cars to the main carline pick-up area from both lanes of traffic. We hope this will help keep a line of cars from forming along Bob Hardin Road blocking traffic. PLEASE be patient with us as we test out this new procedure!
Below are a few reminders for our face-to-face and remote only students:
- Face masks are still required. Social distancing measures have only been relaxed in our classrooms and on our buses.
- As we begin to experience warmer weather students are encouraged to layer their clothing. Students on our 2nd floor (3rd, 4th, and 5th grades) are especially encouraged to do so.
- ALL morning bus riders MUST have a signed attestation form each day. (Use this link for access to attestation forms.) If your child does not have a form someone from our office has to call you for the daily screen. Forms are available in our outside bins and will be sent home with bus riders again on Monday. ALL PM bus riders should have someone waiting on them each afternoon.
- K-1 packet pick-ups on Monday, March 22, beginning at 8:00 AM
- Daily Enrichment Opportunities (Art, Library, P.E. & S.T.E.M.) will continue to be available for our REMOTE learners on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Please click on the links below for appropriate grade levels and new times.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available by Dojo, email (email@example.com), or by phone – (828) 287-3778.
Optional Teacher Workday - Remote Learning Day
- Friday, April 2, 2021
- Monday, April 5, 2021 - Friday, April 9, 2021