May 2021 Newsletter
A Message from the Principal
The month of May kicks off with Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week. Words cannot express the amount of admiration, respect, and gratitude that I have for the OUTSTANDING teachers and staff at Imagine-Chancellor. They have all put their hearts and souls into this school year to make it as "normal" as possible for our students. I am forever grateful for their commitment to our school community.
Throughout the month of May our students in grades 3-8 will be taking the Florida Standards Assessment (FSA). I am confident our students are ready and will "Crush the FSA"! They have worked hard all year in preparation and will approach each assessment with determination and grit as they "Rock the FSA". Students in grades K-2 will be taking end of year assessments to track their progress throughout the year as well. I am so proud of all our students for demonstrating love of learning and curiosity throughout the school year as they accomplish all of their goals.
As I have said all year, we are One School. One Vision. One Family and Imagine-Chancellor STRONG. I am so PROUD to be the Principal of this school supported by outstanding students, staff, and parents. Thank you for your continued support!
With great appreciation,
FSA Testing Dates
In an effort to gather information regarding what families think about our school and their ideas on how the school can be improved, Imagine Schools is conducting our annual Family Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you please take time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, go to:
Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. We ask that you complete one survey per family.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.Survey window: April 19th – May 7th, 2021
Summer camp at Imagine Chancellor is one of the most rewarding, unforgettable experiences in our campers’ life. We provide campers with a community of caring mentors who provide experiential education that leads to self-respect and appreciation for life. All of the outcomes, friendships, overcoming challenges and building character – prepare them for bigger, brighter lives down the road. In addition to great friendships and enduring memories, many important life skills are learned at camp.
At our camp, we are dedicated to ensuring that all of our campers are having fun while learning how to become better people of society. Our camp is filled with sports-minded, adventure-seeker, and nature-loving kids! We enjoy daily field trips, theme weeks, and a lot more fun filled activities. We will follow all CDC guidelines this year to ensure the health and safety of all.
Please Note: This summer we are limiting the amount of campers we have on campus. If you are strongly considering sending you child to camp, please visit links below to sign up. All registration is completed digitally this year for your safety. Please call us at 561-585-1189 if you have any questions regarding camp.
Boosterthon is Coming Soon!
In just 4 weeks, we’ll kick off our Imagine Chancellor Dance Fit (K-5)and Color Run (6th-8th) on June 2nd! For our lower school, instead of doing a Fun Run, we will be doing a Dance Fit! Booster has partnered with Just Dance to create an engaging, interactive dance event where your students will be dancing for 30-35 minutes!
Our goal is to raise $15,000 for our playground and to strengthen our school community. This year more than ever, we need additional funds to provide an excellent educational experience for all of our students. We completely understand if your family is not in a position to financially support the school right now. You can still be involved by simply SHARING about our fundraiser with friends and extended family online at funrun.com. Sharing IS supporting! The Color Run will be $10 to participate in, we can't wait for our middle school to end the year with a fun event! We will also be following our school safety guidelines to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone.
Also included in our program are world class character lesson videos to help our students live life with character! This year is all about Sports City Now!
We appreciate your support more than you know. More details to come as we get closer to kickoff!
Key dates to remember:
Donating Opens on funrun.com - May 19th
Kickoff Day- June 2nd
Event Day - June 11th
Great Appreciation for our Outstanding PTSA
Face Masks will be Mandatory the Rest of the School Year
On May 3, Governor Ron DeSantis signed an Executive Order invalidating local COVID-19 emergency orders.
Below is the guidance we have received from the Florida Department of Education:
Guidance on State of Florida’s Executive Orders 21-101 and 21-102:
To clarify, EO-21-102 only impacts city and county governments, and does NOT impact school districts and individual schools.
Procedures for Students Returning to Campus
Positivity Project Character Strengths for May
Positivity Project will continue on our campus with a focus on Positivity in Action and the Other People Mindset. Below are the character strengths we will be focusing on each week during the month of May.
Leadership- Week of May 3rd-May 7th
Other People Mindset: Week of May 10th- May 14th
A new resource Positivity Project is offering this year is P2 for Families!
This is an easy way for families to discuss the importance of character strengths and positive relationships. It is differentiated for various grade levels and includes 1 quote, 1 video and 3 questions to drive conversations around character at home.
Positivity in Action
Invest in Imagine
Invest in Imagine! This is the easiest possible fundraiser for your families and businesses to take part in! It is simply a donation to our school. All donations welcome!
Daily Arrival Procedures
Strict arrival measures have been put into place to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. Therefore, all parents and students must adhere to the following arrival protocols:
- Students who are enrolled in before care will be able to enter the campus daily from 7:15-8:30 am off of High Ridge Road. Parents will receive special car tags to identify as before care students.
- All other students will not be permitted to enter campus prior to 8:30 am.
- Parents who are not enrolled in before care MUST enter the campus off of Miner Rd following traffic down Imagine Way. Gates will be open to all students at 8:30 am each morning.
- Speed Limit on Imagine Way is 20 mph
- All students will have their temperature taken by a staff member in the car before they will be permitted on campus. Any student who presents a fever over 100.4 will not be permitted on campus that day. Parents may pull over and wait for a time period to recheck at their discretion.
- All students will use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
- Please ensure your students are ready to exit the car with their masks on and backpacks ready to expedite the arrival car line.
· Staggered dismissal times will remain the same:
K-2- 3:30 pm
3rd-4th- 3:45 pm
5th-8th- 4:00 pm
- ALL K-2 students will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITH SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITHOUT SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the NORTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
To ensure student safety, please refrain from using your cell phone in the car pickup line
- All students will remain in their classroom during dismissal
- PikMyKid will be utilized as our dismissal program
- Parents must check-in using the PikMyKid app or provide the designated staff member the assigned dismissal number for their child(ren). Please place your PikmyKid dismissal tag on your dashboard for staff to easily see.
- Gates will be open to all students at dismissal times. Dismissal traffic will flow down Imagine Way (back road off of Miner Rd.)
- South side dismissal in right lane and NORTH side dismissal in left lane
- Students will be sent down to a designated area with social distancing measures in place to be placed in their car.
- If you have multiple children in different grade levels, please come at the oldest child’s release time to pick up all of your children
- Please do not come earlier than your child’s assigned dismissal time. Parents that have children in grades 3-8 that come early will be asked to go around and come back at their assigned time.
All visitors will be restricted to the front office lobby only. Upon arriving, they must wear a mask, sanitize their hands, and practice social distancing measures. The capacity of the front lobby is limited to 4 people.
InUnison will remain our school uniform vendor for this school year. All of the shirt colors will remain the same as well as the shorts/pants colors. If you wish to order online for this year, the link to the uniform website is below.
Raise Money for our School through Amazon Smile
Introducing a simple way for you to help raise money for Imagine Chancellor PTSA by doing what you already do every day! Rather than shopping at Amazon.com, simply shop AmazonSmile.
When you shop AmazonSmile, nothing changes for you. You will find the exact same products, pricing, and membership benefits. The only difference is that .5% of eligible purchases are donated back to our school. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Step 1: Go to smile.amazon.com
Step 2: Follow the website prompts to create your AmazonSmile account. (Note: If you already have an Amazon account, enter your login credentials when prompted for your username and password.)
Step 3: You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
Step 4: Follow the online prompts to complete your setup.
Step 5: Create a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to ensure a percentage of your next purchase goes to Imagine Chancellor PTA.
ON YOUR MOBILE OR TABLET:
Step 1: If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select your favorite charity to start generating donations, at no cost to you. If you are, skip to Step 3
Step 2: Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Step 3: Turn on AmazonSmile Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu. Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.