Campus Parent Communication - December 11, 2020
We're looking forward to all our dress up days next week! Please see specifics below. In addition, student will be enjoying a partial day of reading on Tuesday, and holiday parties on Thursday. It will be a great week!
As a reminder, Friday, December 18th is an early release day. Students get out at 12 PM. We will be serving lunch that day. If your child would like to purchase a lunch, please complete this form by Tuesday, December 15th.
There will be no school from December 21 - January 4. We'll look forward to seeing our students back on January 5, 2021!
As always, we truly appreciate your ongoing support!
Dress Up Days! December 14-18
Reminder - 3rd Nine Weeks Instructional Materials Deployment (AT-HOME LEARNERS ONLY)
- We will be distributing instructional materials to students who will be 'AT-HOME' learners for the 3rd nine weeks of school on December 17th from 9:30-11:00 and 12:30-2:00.
- We will use the gym side of the school ONLY for deployment.
- If your child can come with you to get their items, we would love to see their sweet faces from your vehicle. We are hopeful that their teachers will be able to pass out items during this time.
- Please stay in your vehicle, and we will bring your students' materials to your car.
In addition, we ask that you please RETURN the following items:
- ALL K-6 students, please return readers in a ziploc baggy labeled with your child's name and teacher's name.
- FIRST GRADE, please return coins in a ziploc baggy labeled with your child's name and teacher's name.
- SECOND GRADE, please return clocks in a ziploc baggy labeled with your child's name and teacher's name.
Chick-Fil-A Spirit Day
Damaged school issued computer or device?
Should your school-issued computer become damaged, please submit a help ticket here, https://allenisd.on.spiceworks.com/portal/tickets
We will then be able to get you a replacement while repairs are being made.
The school will then create an invoice and send it to you to pay for the damage, repairs, or a replacement through SchoolPay.
Should you have further questions about this process, please let us know.
Reminder - Steam Ambassador Tutoring - Grades 5 & 6
STEAM Ambassadors will provide flexible, one on one online peer tutoring services to students in grades 5-12 with homework help and science and math concept comprehension.
This tutoring is available for in-person AND virtual learners.
Assist students with math and science concepts through virtual tutoring sessions.
Provide accessible student support that would typically be offered in a face to face setting but has become increasingly difficult as students learn away from campus.
Establish a virtual tutoring model that successfully addresses the diverse needs of learners across Allen ISD.
Who are the tutors?
Tutors are 10th-12th grade STEAM Ambassadors that excel in science and math.
STEAM Ambassadors were chosen by board members, administrators, and teachers during an extensive interview process last spring.
Tutors have completed classroom observations and were trained on best instructional practices.
Please visit the STEAM Ambassador website to learn more about the leadership program and tutoring
How to sign up:
**Parents and students may view available times for tutoring sessions and sign up for a session here**
Students can learn about the available tutors by viewing their bios.
Students will sign up for a session at least 24 hours in advance, providing details regarding material they would like to cover during the session. Additionally, graded quizzes/assignments, homework, etc. can be submitted here for the tutor to review in detail with the student (reworking missed questions, clarifying/reteaching when necessary)
Prior to the first tutoring session a parent/guardian permission slip will be submitted
ATTENTION PARENTS OF CURRENT VAUGHAN ELEMENTARY 6TH GRADERS (Reminder)
GREETINGS FROM THE NURSE!
I want to be proactive in helping your 6th grader prepare for 7th grade enrollment as deadlines will start to pop up much faster than you think!
Please pay close attention to the following information regarding vaccine requirements:
As soon as your student has had these immunizations please turn in the documentation to the Vaughan school nurse by hand, fax, or email. This will make the registration process for Middle School much easier.
- Individual notices will be sent out in January, February, March, April, and May reminding those students who still need to turn in proof of the above vaccines.
- After this initial notice, if you do not receive a notice, your student’s vaccines are current for 7th grade entry and no action is required.
If you do not currently have a family doctor or are unsure of where to take your student, you may consider the following option:
Collin County Health Care Services
Monday thru Friday: 7:30a – 11:00a and 1:00p – 4:00p
825 N. McDonald Street # 130, McKinney, TX 75069
Direct Line (972) 548-5532
• A complete shot record is required for all children’s immunizations & school nurse’s note alone WILL NOT be accepted.
• Cost ranges from $5 - $14 per shot per child.
• Medicaid / CHIPS are accepted but you MUST bring your current update for Medicaid & bring your CHIPS card with you.
• Cash or in-state check ONLY will be accepted. No credit or debit cards are accepted.
• All clinics are on a first come first serve basis.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Reminder - Vaughan Yearbook
Please see the information below from our yearbook coordinators -
We are so happy to have 'At-Home' learners and 'In-Person' learners this year! If you have an 'At-Home' learner, we would love to have pictures of your student learning at home! If you take any pictures please submit them to the link below.
Send pictures to - https://images.jostens.com/415573965.
Also, any parents that have first day of school pictures please send them our way following the directions above! We would love to have as many pictures of your student as we can this year!
Lastly, if you want to order a yearbook please order it through Josten's website. Click HERE to order now or click on the QR code.
We are so excited to have such an amazing year at Vaughan!
Thank you for all you are doing for your student, it is truly appreciated!
REMINDER - Allen ISD Resources
For the 2020–2021 school year, Allen ISD has compiled additional resources for our families. These resources are available on the Allen ISD website and can be accessed through the following links:
Upcoming Dates and Reminders
- Join Vaughan PTA- Please consider joining the Vaughan PTA to contribute to your child's school. Membership gives you access to our PTA online Membership Toolkit, ways to connect with Vaughan families through social media, and supports our school. https://vaughanpta.membershiptoolkit.com/packet-start/2046
Save the Date!
December 14th - Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
December 14th - 18th - Dress Up Days (see flyer above)
December 17th - Holiday Parties
December 18th - Early Release Day - 12 PM
December 21 - January 4 - Winter Break
January 14th - Picture Retakes