VHS Student Services Newsletter
Hello Viking Families
Seniors - College Application Season
- Don't forget to review your Senior Fall Packet - information on the college application process is in there! Remember, students/parents are responsible for deadlines on applications, scholarships, NCAA requirements, and your individual college's requirements.
- Make sure to thoroughly research each of your prospective colleges' requirements - all schools are different.
- Don't wait until the last minute to request transcripts, recommendation letters, or submitting any application materials - deadline for most is November 1st, so you should aim to have all items submitted 2 weeks prior to this date - October 15th
- High school graduation comes first! Remember to review your graduation requirements, make sure you are on track, and keep your grades up. Colleges will eventually see your final transcripts.
- Make sure to watch all video links/steps to the Common App & Naviance parts of your application from your counselor. Many of your questions can be answered by first reviewing these important items.
- Don't forget scholarships! You can start applying for national scholarships now on Naviance, but most local scholarships will open at the end of January.
Sending SAT Scores to Colleges:
Sending AP Scores to Colleges:
Sending ACT Scores to Colleges:
Application Video: http://www.screencast.com/t/gxEQkElyo1
Transcript Video: https://www.screencast.com/t/Eibj9gqU
Juniors - Fall Meeting Information
SAT/ACT @ VHS
SAT - October 1st - https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/sat/registration
ACT - October 22nd - https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration.html
Military Night @ VHS - October 20th
Attention Seniors! Applications for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship are now in your Naviance account under "Scholarship Search". Your responses must be typed, and all materials must be printed and turned in person to Student Services by September 12th at 3pm. Late applications after 3pm on that date and email submissions will NOT be accepted. If you have any questions, please reach out to your counselor.
Scholarships Available on Naviance:
- No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship... due 09.29
- Don Quijote Scholarship... due 09.30
- Make a Difference Scholarship... due 09.30
*Applicants are solely responsible for the directions listed for each scholarship!
Scholarship Fair @ IUN - October 18th
*Under the "Scholarship Fair you plan to Attend", select Gary, IN October 18, 2022
Dual Credit Information
Attention Dual Credit Students: Purdue University Northwest will be here to assist our CEP (Concurrent Enrollment Program) students to activate their accounts, assist them in setting up their Boilerkey, walk them through the myPNW student portal, and go through the pros and cons of concurrent enrollment.
Representatives from PNW will be in Ms. Sparks' classroom all day on Monday, October 3, so please make sure you have your device with you so you may participate in this essential program.
This is for students taking dual credit courses in the following classes: Spanish III, Spanish IV Honors, Spanish V, Calculus with Ms. Coffin, and US History.
Social Worker Internet Safety Resources/Tips
Do You Know Your Graduation Requirements?!
Questions? Contact us!
VHS SCHOOL COUNSELORS
(A - CU) Mr. Dan McKibben - firstname.lastname@example.org
(CV - HOL) Mrs. Jessica Kus - email@example.com
(HOM - MILK) Mrs. Sarah Deakin - firstname.lastname@example.org
(MILL - SCHV) Mrs. Tori McCaleb - tMcCaleb@valpo.k12.in.us
(SCHW - Z) Mrs. Kari Owney - email@example.com
(V.A.L.E. Students) Ms. Gordana Sormaz - firstname.lastname@example.org
VHS SOCIAL WORKERS
(A-L) Ms. Natalie Miller - email@example.com
(M-Z) Mrs. Jody Kristoff - firstname.lastname@example.org