Dragon Strong Community
Superintendent's Update - August 21 - Transportation Info
Dear Dragon Parents
August 21, 2020
Dear Dragon Parents,
As we prepare for the return to school, please review these transportation guidelines. We want to start strong and stay strong. Your help ensuring transportation and traffic safety, as well as health safety is critical.
As bus routes resume, please allow more travel time, and DO NOT PASS stopped buses.
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to plan for the coming school year. Be assured that we are continuing to develop our plans, monitoring, and adjusting as new information is available. Please contact the school offices if you have any questions concerning this information.
Dr. Debbie Atwell
Before They Leave the House:
Health and Temperature screening
Parents must screen student health before sending them to school.
- Does your student have cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste and smell?
- Has your student had close contact with a COVID-19 infected person within the previous 14 days?
- Has your student had a fever within the last 48 hours?
- Is your student's temperature over 100.4F or 38C?
If the answer is YES DO NOT bring them or send them to school.
Find other ways to Transport:
Find other ways to school. If you are able to bring your students and pick them up from school, please do. This will allow those without other means of transportation to distance while on routes.
Also, plan alternative ways to school in the event we have to close bus routes due to driver illness or quarantine and lack of qualified substitute bus drivers.
Bus Rider Procedures:
- Distance 6 feet apart while waiting for buses
- Wear a mask
- Sanitize hands when getting on the bus
- Skip the first seat behind the driver
- Sit in assigned seats
- Distance when feasible
- Sanitize hands when getting off the bus
Additional Steps Being Taken
- Entry into the buildings and breakfast locations are being spread out throughout the buildings to avoid traffic flow and congregation
- Release times at the end of the day will be staggered to spread out traffic in hallways and avoid congregation
- Drivers will screen their health and temperature before each route
- Buses will be disinfected after each trip
Drop OFF Times All Campuses 7:40 AM-8:00 AM
PARENT Pick UP Times: Pre-K 2:50 MES 3:00 MMS 3:25 MHS 3:25
Bus Dismiss Times: MES 3:20 MMS & MHS 3:30 & 3:35
Middle School & High School Parking Lot Map
- Enter by the admin building and pull towards the Middle School Gym, avoiding the BUS LANE
- Student Drop off is located at the Middle School Gym
- Students may be dropped off from 7:40-8:00
- Exit by pulling around the Admin Building
- Use caution at the crosswalk into the MMS Office
- Enter by the south entrance to campus by the science building
- Drop off at the two crosswalks onto the sidewalk
- Exit by circling around the parking lot and exiting the same entrance
- Avoid the BUS LANE
DO NOT USE THE BUS LANE TO GET TO/FROM MMS TO MHS. Pull out and go around on the highway.
Elementary School Information
MES Car Lanes & Bus Lanes
- Please be patient as we learn new drop off and pick up routines!
- In order to fit more cars into the lanes please use the EAST gravel entrance.
- Avoid traveling back into the bus lanes area in the gravel lot.
- Cones will be set to mark openings needed for buses to exit in the PM.
- Drop students at the awning only.
Boys & Girls Club is at MES this year! MMS/MHS students ride Mrs. Hall's bus to MES
Questions? Submit using this form below. Responses will be given through FAQ and/or follow up.
Leading Dragon Strong
- Honor our History through Values and Traditions
- Build our present through Teamwork and Collaboration
- Create our future through Creativity and Innovation
Dr. Debbie Atwell is serving her third year as superintendent. She and husband Roger are MHS graduates, life long residents of the community, and are owned by dogs Woodrow & Sadie.