A.C.E. Academy for Scholars
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
Click on picture below to watch video.
The New York City Department of Education is committed to making three free meals available daily for any New Yorker. Any New Yorker who wants one can get three free meals a day at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city.
- Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up three meals at one time
- Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- No registration or ID required
Celebrate Earth Day this week with some of these fun at home activities...
- How well do you know how to recycle? Take the home recycling quiz! https://www.grownyc.org/education/distance-learning
- Join The American Museum of Natural History for a family-friendly, all-day online festival honoring our planet. www.amnh.org/calendar/earthfest-2020
- Learn How to Compost from Share & Remember
- Prepare an Earth-Friendly Meal from The Golden Gleam
- Do a Recycling Sorting Activity from Carrots are Orange
- Make an Earth Day Pledge from babalisme
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt from Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Explore Geography from Mama Smiles
- Make a Sensory Garden from Little Wonder Days
- Play the Water sense game https://www.epa.gov/watersense/watersense-kids
- Make a no sew t-shirt bag https://www.grownyc.org/files/rcp/activity_no_sew_t-shirt_bag_2.pdf
- Sub-Irrigated Planter (SIP) from a Plastic Bottle https://www.grownyc.org/files/rcp/activity_sub-irrigated_planter_sip_2.pdf
Join us every Wednesday on Google Meet for a series of wellness sessions for the mind, body and spirit. Sessions are for adults and will include yoga, mindfulness, exercise and healthy eating.
Our first session will be this Wednesday, April 22nd @3:00pm, - Yoga with Mr. Jimenez.
Go to : meet.google.com/zqa-wpzc-zpd