Zachry MS Wolverine Wire
September 25, 2020
Dear Team Zachry Families,
If you would like to change to Face 2 Face learning for the 2nd nine weeks please fill out the questionnaire on the nisd.net website at this link
Understanding Virtual and F2F Learning at ZMS Zoom meeting hosted by our Academic Dean Ms. Molina
Tuesday, Sep. 29th, 6pm
This is an online event.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 964 0713 9543
Dinners will be Served starting September 28th curbside
The “Grab-n-Go” curbside feeding at 65 sites for virtual learners continues, as well as traditional breakfast and lunch options in school cafeterias for on-campus students.
As of Sept. 14, NISD implemented a USDA National Free Meal Waiver allowing all students to eat at no cost. Traditional in-building breakfast and lunches are available to enrolled NISD students; and “Grab-n-Go” locations serve lunch, breakfast for tomorrow, and supper (at approved sites) for enrolled virtual learners and community children ages 18 and younger at no cost.
View MealViewer to see what will be served for supper each day. Zachry is a location.
Updating COVID19 safety measures
Facial Coverings - According to some health experts neck Gaiters/Bandanas/Scarves are not as effective as face masks in terms of protection while indoors. Therefore, these will be allowed outdoors, but should NOT be allowed as standard facial coverings while indoors.
Football and Volleyball Games begin the week of September 28th
our first Volleyball Game - Thursday, October 1st at 5pm A team
1. Only the A team families will come at for the first game. B team Families will need to wait in your vehicle until the A team families leave. The bleachers will be sanitized between games.
2. Families will enter through the E Athletic Entrance and exit through the tennis courts at the end of each game.
3. For each family a COVID19 screener must be completed noting the location of the event and show the green screen to the gate keeper with your athletic pass. There is no charge but families of athletes only will need to show the athletic care their player will bring home to enter.
4. Masks are required at all times and there will be sanitizer and wipes available.
5. Bleachers will be at 50% capacity (that is 150 in our game gym) and Folding chairs are allowed at the football games only.
6. Check with your athlete's coach prior to the day of the game if you will be taking your student after the game directly home and the student will be released to you on the tennis courts.
Zachry Middle School
Main Number: 210-397-7400
Principal - Susan Allain 210-397-7410 Susan.Allain@nisd.net
Academic Dean - Juliana Molina 210-397-7411 Juliana.Molina@nisd.net
Academic Dean Zachry Magnet School Program Cybersecurity, Global Communications & Information Technology - Gina Rodriguez Gina.Rodriguez@nisd.net 210-397-7495
Vice Principal - Autumn (Wendi) Peralta 210-397-7415 (8th grade Administrator) Wendi.Peralta@nisd.net
Assistant Principal - Richard De La Garza 210-397-7416 ( 7th grade Administrator) Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator Intern - Gerald Winter 210-397-7417 (6th grade Administrator) Gerald.Winter@nisd.net
6th Grade and Head Counselor Monica Perez 210-397-7425 Monica.Perez@nid.net
7th grade Counselor Chris Benavidez 210-397-7427 Chris.Benavidez@nisd.net
8th grade Counselor Arturo Vargas 210-397-7428 Arturo.Vargas@nisd.net
Previous Week's Wolverine Wire Link