"Let's Observe Some Exotic Animals" Naomi Westphaln 4th hour
Pros and Cons of this Career
1) Near an ocean-- This is good because I love the ocean and the animals in it. It is also good because you can study the water and animals in it better than if you were in Green Bay where there is no ocean.
2) Work With animals-- I love animals, I have wanted to work with animals since I was 10 years old. Now I get to work with them and save them.
3) Work outdoors-- This is a pro because I love the outdoors. My favorite thing to do is camping and going outside.
1) Away from home-- This is a con because I won't get to see my family or friends. I would get to visit sometimes but not for very long.
2) Don't get many breaks-- This is bad because that means you working all the time and you don't get much free time.
3) You don't always start with what you want-- This is bad because maybe you wanted to swim with the animals and teach them to swim again, but sometimes they start you out somewhere you didn't wanna be.
What Do You Need to Do to Succeed in this Career
High school courses:
3) Earth Science
5) Wild Life management
Colleges To Attend
Near an ocean
Away from home
Don't get much vacation time (breaks)
Have to live on campus
401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
University of California
Near the ocean
Study the animals up close
Away from home
Very hot outside so it's harder to work
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, CA
Helps me learn about my career
Gives me the opportunity to try it
Let's me make mistakes
Standing all day
Don't always get to do what you want
You can't work with animals always.... Sometimes you have to work with plants.
Set. 1855. East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Associations and organizations
Department of Natural Resources
101 S. Webster Street . PO Box 7921
Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7921
Call 1-888-936-7463 from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
American Society for Microbiology
1752 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036-2904
Marine Biologist Ad
We need people who want to work in labs, use lots of tech., like go work with water animals, and to go swimming.
The nation wide salary is $112,400 per year also you would make $54.04 per hour when you have a lot of experience.
This job will require 3-8 years of collage and like to work with animals to figure out problems or help save their lives.
For more information and if you are interested call: 1-800-777-4085