Lord of the Flies Project
Types of govenrments
Government I would choose
Constitutional monarchy is a form of government in which a king or queen acts as Head of State.The ability to make and pass legislation resides with an elected Parliament, not with the Monarch . A constitutional monarchy also provides stability, continuity and a national focus, as the Head of State remains the same even as governments change.Constitutional monarchy tends to involve a professional life-long commitment. The other often cited advantage is that monarchs do not represent specific political views, and that they provide stability or act as a symbol of the state or nation.
- laws should not be dispensed with or suspended without the consent of Parliament;
- no taxes should be levied without the authority of Parliament;
- the right to petition the monarch should be without fear of retribution;
- no standing army may be maintained during peacetime without the consent of Parliament;
- Protestant subjects may have arms for their defense as suitable to their class and as allowed by law;
- the election of members of Parliament should be free;
- the freedom of speech and debates or proceedings in Parliament should not to be impeached or questioned in any court or place out of Parliament;
- excessive bail should not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishment inflicted;
- jurors should be duly impanelled and returned and jurors in high treason trials should be freeholders;
- promises of fines or forfeitures before conviction are void;
- Parliaments should be held frequently.
Historical in fighting conflict (Labanese civil war)
The Lebanese Civil War was a multifaceted civil war in Lebanon, lasting from 1975 to 1990 and resulting in an estimated 120,000 fatalities.Today, approximately 76,000 people remain displaced within Lebanon. There was also a mass exodus of almost one million people from Lebanon as a result of the war.
Before the war, Lebanon was multisectarian, with Sunnis dominating the coasts, Shias dominating the south, while the government of Lebanon had been dominated by Maronite Christians.