CS Undergrad Updates
August 20, 2014 - August 26, 2014
Welcome Back Wildcats!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Academic Services Team
The Department of Computer Science welcomes Dr. Edward Smallman!
Advising the First Week of Classes
Important Dates and Deadlines: August 22 - September 2, 2014
- Last day to file Leave of Absence.
- First Day of Class!
- First day to file GRO.
- First day to add classes for audit; instructor signature is required on Change of Schedule form.
- Deadline to pay for Fall 2014 tuition without late charge.
- Begin late payment charge of $50.
- Labor Day - no classes! (The CS Advising Office will also be closed on this day.)
- Last day to use UAccess to add or swap lectures/sections, or change to or from pass/fail grade.
- UAccess will still be available to drop classes through September 8th. (UAccess will be available to withdraw from a class through November 2nd.)
- Deadline to apply for December 2014 and Winter degree candidacy. Applications accepted after this date will incur a $50 Late Candidacy Application fee.
For more Fall 2014 Dates and Deadlines, click here.
CSC Fall 2014 Course Registration
We have processed all pending enrollments in all Computer Science courses for the Fall 2014 semester. If you still have remaining questions regarding enrollment please email email@example.com with your question and we will respond as quickly as we can.
We are still determining the Department process for course enrollments beginning the first day of classes and will email those details over the listserv as soon as they are available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked to meet the needs of all undergraduate Computer Science students!
New GRO Instructions
For more information, click here.
Important News: UA Policy Revisions - Effective 2014
- Students used to have up to the 4th week to drop a class with deletion from record (no W on your transcript). This will be shorted to the 10th day of classes (September 8th).
- The withdrawal deadline has been extended from the 8th week of class to the 10th week (November 2nd). Students can drop a class if passing or not with a grade of "W". You do not need a faculty signature and should be able to drop through UAccess.
- Starting on the 11th week of the semester, students will have to submit a Late Change Petition form in order to drop a class. You can get that form in the College of Science Advising Office in GS 1017. Late Change Petitions will be processed through the 13th week of the semester.
- Students can only have a max of 18 "W" grades on their record (this excludes complete withdrawals and retroactive withdrawals). Students are encouraged to drop a class by day 10 to avoid having a "W" on their record. The count begins with the Fall 2014 semester. If you have any Ws prior to Fall 2014, these do not count toward the max of 18.
- Complete Withdrawals start after the 10th day of class and students will receive grades of "WC" whether passing the class or not.
Please click here to review all the Fall 2014 Dates and Deadlines.
Individual Studies Credit
Jobs, Internships, Scholarships, Research Opportunities, Etc.
Jobs - 3 new postings since 7/25/14
- Database Programmer
- Web & Mobile Programmer
- Multiple Software Development Positions
Internships - 3 new postings since 7/23/14
- Web Application Engineer Internship
- Marketing Internship
- LGBTQ Affairs Internship
Scholarships - 1 new posting since 7/25/14
- MindSumo Challenges
Student Research - 2 new postings since 8/2/14
- Undergraduate Research Project
- 2014 Student Research Conference
Click here for more information.