Career Center Weekly Update
April 4, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
Reasons to apply early:
- You are planning to apply to Teach For America’s 2017 corps and you want the certainty of having an early confirmed offer.
- You are interested in accessing unique leadership development opportunities available to early admitted applicants during your senior year.
- You have a summer internship that may lead to a full-time job offer, and you’d like to consider that position and TFA on the same timeline.
- You want to know if TFA is a post-grad option before you consider other opportunities during the fall job recruitment season.
- You won’t be able to apply during your final year because you’ll have a conflict with our admissions timeline.
Want to connect with your campus recruiter? CLICK HERE
Goldman Sachs 2016 Undergraduate Camp
DATES: May 23–25, 2016
LOCATION: Goldman Sachs New York City area or Salt Lake City office
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 24, 2016
The Goldman Sachs Undergraduate Camp is a three-day program for undergraduate freshmen or sophomores who are black, Hispanic/Latino and/or Native American from any academic background that will provide insight and exposure to the people, divisions, and offices at the firm.
Through interactive sessions designed to teach, challenge, and inspire, attendees will have the opportunity to explore the different career paths at the firm and build meaningful relationships with each other and Goldman Sachs professionals.
The program will be hosted simultaneously in the New York City area and Salt Lake City offices.
Eligible students should be:
- Current undergraduate freshmen or sophomores
- Black, Hispanic/Latino, and/or Native American
To complete your application:
- Visit our events portal and select ‘May’ under Event Month to submit an application for the ‘Goldman Sachs 2016 Undergraduate Camp’
- Complete 100% of your candidate profile
- Select a single preferred location (New York City area or Salt Lake City) through the “Inbox Task”
Clarke County Substitute Teacher Training
FRIDAY, APRIL 8
3 - 6 p.m., David C. Barrow Elementary - 100 Pinecrest Dr., Athens, GA 30606
The Clarke County School District will hold a substitute teacher training that qualifies you to work as a substitute teacher in Clarke County schools. All majors are welcome. Participants must be 21 years old, hold a high school diploma or GED, and meet citizenship, residency or work VISA requirements. Learn more.
SEC/ACC Virtual Career Fair - Register now!
Tuesday, April 5th
3:30 - 5:00pm
Clark Howell Hall, Room 246 (Computer Lab)
*Open to first and second year students only
Tuesday, April 5th
6:00 - 7:30pm
Wednesday, April 6th
5:30 - 7:00pm
Wednesday, April 6th
*This event is part of the Arch Ready Certificate: Terry Edition ONLY.
Thursday, April 7th
Monday, April 11th
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
Career Center FAQ's
Have you heard about the UGA Career Center and initially thought, “I wonder what they do there?” Well, let me share some information with you so that you will have a better understanding of what the Career Center is all about. Here are some frequently asked questions from students…
Read the entire article on the Career Center blog!
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.