Chef- My Path to Success
By Dawid Pikul
- Check the freshness of the food.
- Plan menus.
- Check the quality of cooked food.
- Order food and supplies.
Chefs and head cooks work in restaurant, banquets, hotels, and other food services, all of them must be clean. Chefs and head cooks usually stand for long periods and work in a rapid environment. Kitchens are usually field with crowded and field with potential dangers, such as hot ovens and slippery floors.
Education and training
A growing number of chefs receive formal training at community colleges, technical school, culinary arts school, and 4 years college. Students in culinary programs spend the most time in the kitchen practicing their cooking skills. Chefs train on the job, where they learn the same skills as in a formal education program. Also some chefs learn from programs.
Preferred job skills
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring- Performance of yourself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time management- Managing one's own time and the times of others.
- Management of personnel resources- Motivating, developing and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Grow 5% from 2012 to 2022
$42,480 per year
High School Preparation
Many high schools offer classes and clubs associated with cooking. Leyden is on of high schools that has classes associated with cooking. A classes or clubs can really help students became chefs.
- Culinary Basic
According to article classes, clubs, and schools can help students develop many skills needed by chefs, like culinary basics or culinary school.
In this area is a lot of chefs who work in restaurants, banquets, and other food services. Working for example in Mc. Donald after school will be also helpful.
Restaurants and Chefs
- Slurping Turtle- Takashi Yagihashi
- Maxique- Carlos Gaytan
- Moto- Homar Cantu
- Ms. Foss- Culinary Basics teacher at East Leyden High School
- Sami Fgaier- Personal chef at Le Personal Chef
- George Delatorre- Head cook at Allegre Banquet
My Post Secondary Plan
- College of Southern Nevada
- Le Cordon Blue College of Culinary Arts Chicago
- Kendall College