Sparkman High Capitol News
Volume 20/21, Issue 2, August 2020
We were very excited to have our Ribbon cutting today for our new Fine arts building. We appreciate all the support from representatives, board members, MCBOE members, Lee Builders and others that helped to make this a reality. We can not wait for our students to get to enjoy it!
We want to congratulate our Sparkman Teacher of the Year and Support Person of the Year!!
Congratulations to Mrs. Amber Kimbrell, AP Biology, for being named Sparkman's Teacher of the Year!
Congratulations to Mrs. Stacy Gilbert, special education aide, for being named Sparkman's Support Person of the Year!
GAME DAY! Your Sparkman Senators take on Albertville HS! . Also, tonight is Homecoming and Senior Night. Go Senators!!
Also, a reminder that Masks are mandatory for entry into the game and to be worn at all times. No tickets are sold at the gate and must be purchased at our GoFan site. The link is below.
Madison County Schools Reopening Plan - From Superintendent Allen Perkins on 8/28/2020
The current COVID-19 data indicates that our schools can safely begin the process of transitioning to in-person instruction before the end of the first nine-weeks. The Madison County School System is moving to Level 1 of our reopening plan and will resume face-to-face instruction based on the following schedule:
September 14th-18th Transition Week PK-12th Grades
Group 1 Students with the Last Name A - K
- Attend on-campus instruction Monday and Tuesday, September 14th and 15th
- This group participates in remote instruction Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, September 16th, 17th, and 18th
Group 2 Students with the Last Name L - Z
- Attend on-campus instruction Thursday and Friday, September 17th and 18th
- This group participates in remote instruction Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, September 14th, 15th, and 16th
Remote instruction will continue as normal for those students that selected full time remote instruction
September 21 Traditional Instructional Method PK-12th Grades
- Beginning Monday, September 21st, on Campus instruction will resume with normal school hours Monday through Friday.
- Remote instruction will continue as normal for those students that selected remote instruction
**** Also, masks will be mandatory for students and employees inside the building.***
For those choosing to continue with Remote Learning, School PLP will be still be utilized. Information is below.
To access SchoolPLP, you must use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox. SchoolPLP is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
Your student will use their student Google log-in information to log into SchoolPLP.
If your student has any issues with SchoolPLP, you student needs to contact their teacher.
Student Parking Information
Sparkman High School Juniors and Seniors who wish to park a vehicle on school grounds during school hours must complete a parking application form, provide proof of insurance and a driver license and purchase a decal for $40 on MySchoolFees. The decal must be displayed at all times. Anyone parking without a decal or in the wrong space will be subject to a fine and/or towing at your expense. Additional fee for replacement decal. Information about student parking can also be found on our website at the following link: https://www.mcssk12.org/Page/8526
Submit all parking paperwork to Mrs. Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dates to distribute parking passes will be announced at a later date.
Meals may be picked up at any MCSS school. If you have children at multiple schools, you may pick up meals for them at any MCSS school. You do not have to travel to each school.
AP Exams are $94.00 per test and can be paid on MySchoolFees. Test Fees must be paid by November 6th.
Needing to request a transcript? Click the button below!
This school year, Sparkman High School will be implementing an online system to purchase tickets for varsity football games only. We will use the GoFan site for online ticket purchases. Tickets will not be available at the gate. This new type of ticket purchase will assist with social distancing and limiting person to person contact and the physical exchange of cash. Purchasing tickets online will allow for fans to easily access tickets without having to stand in line.
In accordance with guidelines from Madison County Schools, the Alabama High School Athletic Association, local medical personnel, and the Alabama Department of Public Health, attendance will be limited.
The following requirements/guidelines will be in place for Sparkman home varsity football games:
- No tickets will be sold at the gate. Tickets will be on sale at our GoFan page at https://gofan.co/app/school/AL2218. Tickets for home games go on sale at 8:00 a.m. on the Monday before the game.
- We will be selling 600 pre-sale tickets at the school’s front office from Tuesday to Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for home games only. These pre-sale tickets will be sold the week of home games only.
- No children will be permitted into the stadium without an adult and/or student ID and a ticket.
- All entrants to the stadium must wear a mask.
- Individuals/families must practice social distancing guidelines while in the stadium.
- Stadium seating will be marked off for social distancing. Fans are not to sit in the areas that are marked off for social distancing.
- All fans must stay seated in the stands unless visiting the concession stand or restroom.
- Fans will remain on the side they were assigned by their ticket (visitor/home)
- No passes for re-entry to the venue.
- No field access except for participants, officials, and administration.
Due to ticket limitations, you will be able to watch Sparkman football games online at https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/sparkman-high-school-harvest-al
Students that do not have ID may provide his/her student number, which can be found on most recent report card in INOW.
MCSS employees will still be admitted through the pass gate with their badge.
If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director Mrs. Jones at email@example.com.
Thank you for your adherence to the above listed guidelines. We hope that you have a wonderful experience at Senator Stadium and GO SENATORS!