Open House - Thursday, September 1, 2022
If you have a child in Grades 3, 4 or 5 guardians will begin with the homeroom teacher and at 6 an announcement will be made to switch to the next teacher.
If you have more than 1 child at the 6 pm announcement you may go to another grade level. We encourage you to get another adult that can attend with you and can relay the information to you if this is still not enough time to cover all the classes you need.
This event is for Adults only.
2022-2023 Spirit Shirt 2nd Order
August 2022 PBIS Star Students
Congratulations to the following students for being chosen as STAR student of the month by their teachers:
Mrs. Hebert - Kennedie Romero
Mrs. Stacie - Verah-Gail Landry
Ms. Natalie - Kairyn Dupree
Ms. Trahan - Carter Hunter
Ms. Aimee - Kyle Murphy
Mrs. Julia - Kasyn Talley
Mrs Rebecca- Ethan Gaspard
Mrs. Heidi- Maddex Delcambre
Mrs. N. Hebert- Liv Hebert
Mrs. Marsha - Davon Laseter
Ms Heather - Chairaukee Simmons
Mrs. Allison - Thomas Potier
Mrs Caitlyn- Analeah Guidry
Mrs.Kelli/ Mrs. Rani: Jackson McFarlain
Doctor, dentist or nurse practitioner's written excuses are always encouragedElementary School students may not miss more than twelve (12) days per year in order to be eligible for promotion. Parent notes are counted in the 12 days, Doctor excuses are not. .
A doctor, dentist or nurse practitioner written statement of student’s incapacity to attend school shall be required for those absences for three (3) or more consecutive days due to illness, contagious illness in a family, hospitalization, or accidents.
JOES Community Calendar
Click on the Button Below.
September Dates to Remember:
1 Open House 5:30-6:30
6 Reading for Education
14 Progress Reports go home
29 Vision & Hearing grades: Pre-k, K, 1st, 3rd, 5th
October Dates to Remember:
3 Virtual learning day grades K, 1, 2, & 3 no school.
Week of 17 Bus Safety Week
Week of the 24th Red Ribbon Week
24 No School - Parent Teacher Conferences.
31 Rada Fundraiser Sales begin
September Birthday List
5 Caddie Meaux
6 Zachary Mouton
7 Brett Badon
8 Ava Broussard
10 CheyAnne Petry
11 Lynnli Romero
13 Blexx Bertrand
13 Curtis Breaux
13 Grayson Leone
17 Hank Clark
18 Cason Romero
24 Kia Louviere
24 Ryan Faulk
24 Skyla McClary
27 William LeBlanc
27 Ayden Wheeler
29 Colton Allen
29 Kase Abshire
19 Allison Gleason
27 Julia David
Uniform Reminders for the 2022-2023 School year
- Sweatshirts and ¼ zip pullovers 1. Color must be solid navy, white, red, gray, black, or spirit/school team sweatshirts. 2. No emblems, monograms, or contrasting stitching are allowed except for logos/emblems approved by school. 3. Sweatshirts may be worn over polo or oxford during cold weather.
- Undershirts 1. Color must be solid navy, gray, white, red, or black. 2. Undershirts must be tucked into the uniform bottom.
- Belts 1. Color must be black, brown, khaki or navy. 2. Belts must be worn at all times in grades 1-12. The entire belt must be worn within the loops.
- Friday Jean Days will be JEAN ONLY - Shorts will not be allowed. (The only shorts that will be allowed will be uniform shorts)
- Guidelines for Non-Compliance Failure to comply with the guidelines for dress, appearance, or uniforms will result in parental contact by the school. Further noncompliance may result in one or all of the following: in-school suspension or suspension from school.
- Lanyards worn at school must be the school issued lanyards.
JOES Uniform Reminders:
- Hoodies will NOT BE allowed to be worn in the building .
- Jean Days are for JEANS OR Uniforms ONLY. No Shorts, No Sweatpants.
Jean days and non-uniform dress days will be used as fundraising opportunities and/or for student reward purposes throughout the year. These opportunities will be announced in advance by the school administration.
● Jeans ONLY, shorts are not allowed.
● Uniform shirts should be worn with jeans unless otherwise instructed.
● Violations on these days will result in 1) First offense - a phone call home for a change of clothes or a change of clothes will be given to the student from the uniform closet.
● Bottoms and dresses should be close to knee length.
● No bare shoulders (sleeveless tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, visible undergarments, etc.). ● Any graphics on t-shirts must be appropriate for elementary school.
● Shoes need to be appropriate for P.E. class.
All Fundraisers help provide funds for instructional materials, operating expenses, motivational incentives for students and staff, and other expenses that are not funded through other sources.
Jean Days: Students may wear blue jeans (NO SHORTS) for $1 on Fridays with a JOES Spirit Shirt or uniform shirt. JOES spirit shirts can be worn every Friday for free with uniform bottoms. (Only the jeans cost $1- $35 for the year)
Tech Tuesday T-Shirts: Students may wear any T-shirt (appropriate according to the uniform policy) for $1with uniform bottoms . All funds raised for Tech Tuesday go to the JOES Technology fund. You can send 1 payment of $34 for the year.
Concession Sales: Students may purchase individually wrapped snacks during recess. All snacks are $1.00. Please make certain that you send snack money with your child in the morning. We will not collect snack money at the office during the day to get to students. We cannot interrupt class time or be responsible for monies lost or misplaced.
Please continue to help Jesse Owens Elementary raise funds at no extra expense to you. Ask your family and friends to do the same. Your trash can be our treasure!!!
Box Tops: No more clipping. No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the ALL-NEW Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit your school's Box Tops earnings online.
Forward your email receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org using the same email that's associated with your BTFE account.
Community Coffee Labels: Cut Community Coffee Products UPC labels. Proceeds help fund the AR and Library programs.
Coca-Cola Products: You can scan or enter Coca Cola product codes directly to the Coca-Cola app. Or search coca cola give to schools for donation to Jesse Owens Elementary or send the codes in to JOES. Proceeds help fund instructional materials, operating expenses, motivational incentives for staff and students and other expenditures that are not funded through other sources.
Scan codes in caps and in the boxes of Coca Cola products to donate to Jesse Owens Elementary. If you would prefer to save the caps and bring them to us we will scan them in.
Handle with care
If your family is experiencing difficulties at home, I would like to provide some additional support at school. I understand you may not always be able to provide details, and that’s OK. If your child is coming to school after a difficult morning, night or weekend, please email me at email@example.com with “handle with care - student name” in the subject line and I will make it a priority to check in on them
Jesse Owens Elementary
Principal: Anita F. Dupuis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary/Bookkeeper: Shana A. Boudreaux (Shana.email@example.com)
Counselor: Verna Broussard (Verna.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check us out on Facebook for more activities to do with your child at home.