By Myles Stubblefield & Brianna Brown
- Biomass is a Biological material derived from living or recently living Organisms
- It is renewable , it is any organic matter, it is the oldest source of energy after the sun.
- Prior to the Industrial Revolution, biomass satisfied nearly all of man's demand.Up until the 1860's.
- The United States used biomass, in the form of wood for nearly 91% of all energy consumption.
- Ethanol is both water soluble and biodegradable.If a fuel spill occurs, the effects are less severe than gasoline.
- Sense Ethanol contains oxygen, using it as a fuel additive results in lower Carbon Monoxide emissions.
Renewable or Nonrenewable
- Biomass is a Renewable source of energy.
- It is made up of natural and organic material
Description of Biomass
- Its Organic Matter such as wood, plants, and animal waste.
- It is very useful.
- Biomass is used to power anything that normal electricity does but in a safer way.
- Biofuels are used to power cars, trucks, and tractors but without giving harmful pollution off like normal fuels.