SPRING IS HERE!
April 2022-Union Elementary Newsletter for Parents
APRIL DATES AND ACTIVITIES
- April 1: Club Day / PreK Registration Begins (April 1-15)
- April 5: 1st Grade Field Trip to Elliot Farm for Strawberry Picking
- April 6: CHAMPS (5th Grade)
- April 8: WIG Day / PreK Field Trip to Noah's Ark
- April 14: Smooth Move to Weaver for 5th Graders (5:00 PM- 6:00 PM)
- April 18: Kindergarten Registration Begins [April 18- May 2 / 9:00 - 11:00 AM & 12:00 - 2:00 PM}
- April 20: CHAMPS (5th Grade)
- April 22 - Career Day (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM)
- April 29: Super STAR Friday
- April 29 - Kindergarten Field Trip to Grand Opera House [Pout-Pout Fish performance]
The students pictured below have not missed ANY days of school the entire 2021-2022 school year! Ms. Pointer (Social Worker) and Ms. Griffin (School Counselor) celebrated these students. Great job Stars!
TEACHER OF THE YEAR
Congratulations to Mrs. McKenzie on being selected as our 2022-2023 Teacher of the Year at Union Elementary!
READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK
We celebrated Read Across America Week from Feb. 28th-March 4th. Each day was themed with activities to celebrate reading. One of our Union Stars dressed as a 'Physician' for College and Career Day. It was an amazing week of learning and fun!
ST. PATRICK'S DAY HIGHLIGHTS
TIPS FOR PARENTS
Peace Week 2022
Peace Week 2022 was held on March 14th-18th. This event promoted mental wellness, emotion regulation, and kindness. Students and staff experienced a fun-filled week of peace-promoting activities. Mrs. Moss and her class celebrated through "Drop Everything and Peace".
Wildly Important Goals (WIG) Celebration
We were excited to celebrate our students that met all of their goals for the month of March. Keep up the outstanding job Stars!
Faculty and Staff Appreciation
Communities in Schools appreciated the faculty and staff of Union Elementary with a raffle for gas cards and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Mrs. McFetridge, our Community in Schools reprentative, assists our falcuty and staff by surrounding students with a community of support and empowering students to stay in school and achieve in life.