What's been happening?
Week 6 already!
Our adventures in class have so far included,
- working with the 6/7 girls class on a girls unit
- exploring Aboriginal History and colonial settlement
- investigating living things in science
- problem solving and revision of skills in math
- narrative writing in english
- brainstorming a name for our class blog
- preparation of our first blog posts
- creative name design in art
- beginning our spelling program
- participation in Kapa Haka, choir, road crossing monitors, music tuition
- a visit from the Footsteps crew
Thank you to every parent/guardian who responded to the acquaintance night offer in week 3. It was a pleasure to meet many new parents/guardians. Thank you for taking the time to visit and introduce yourself.
Well its has been a jam packed 5 weeks and there is plenty more to come this term. Now that our passwords are ready to go, we will begin to use our individual and class blogs. Be sure to visit us and say hello. We really would appreciate it, if you could leave us a comment. Be sure to follow this format, "JennysMum", "JackiesDad". This will make it easier to track who is involved.
Class Goal: To bring our diaries to school everyday.
Can you spare...
Urgent! Can you volunteer?
The activity should involve learning but can be a non-traditional topic, subject or activity. So far groups will work on craft, cooking, media, sustainability... You could create a book club - the possibilities are endless.
Please contact me as soon as possible if you are willing to volunteer your time. Your support is greatly appreciated.