The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of April 15th, 2019
Dear Liberty Park Families,
Boys & Girls Club is Closed this coming Tuesday and Wednesday. Please set your "exception" in School Dismissal Manager for alternate afternoon transportation. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendars for our annual “A Night at the Arts!” event on May 10th! More information will be sent home with students soon.
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
April 22nd - ILEARN Begins for 3rd and 4th Grade
April 26th - ChuckECheese Night from 3-9pm (PTA General Meeting at CEC begins at 6:30pm)
May 2nd/3rd - 3rd Grade Zoo Field Trip
May 3rd - 4th Grade Chicago Field Trip
May 4th - 4th Qtr Progress Reports Sent Home
May 6th - May 10th - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 10th - Night at the Arts @ 6:00pm
Digital Safety Event for Parents
Our Warren Township Council of PTAs is hosting a Digital Families Community Event on Monday, April 22nd at 6 pm in the MSD Warren Township Administration Building located at 975 N. Post Road. This event is sponsored by the National PTA and Facebook. Please invite your school's families to attend our event. We will be providing pizza and drinks at our event. In order to ensure we have enough food, we are requesting that families RSVP.
Families may RSVP to this event through one of the following options:
- weblink: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GVXVQVL
- emailing our Council PTA at email@example.com, or
- through our Facebook page @Warren Township Council of PTAs.
During this event, families will learn about the importance of digital safety and online behavior through various workshops (Healthy Habits, Online Presence, Password Strategies, Privacy and You, Building Empathy, Family Tech Talk, and Ask a Student Center). Some of the things you can expect to talk about are password security, online communication, and how to be a connected as a family online. 98% of kids 8 years and younger have access to a smart device. It’s important that our families know how to keep each other safe and be the best versions of ourselves online.
ILEARN Parent Information
ILEARN testing begins for our 3rd and 4th grade students on Monday, April 22nd. Click the link below for more information about Indiana's new assessment.
School Dismissal Manager:
All end of day dismissal changes must be communicated through School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. These changes must be entered by 2:30pm for that school day or scheduled in advance through the app.
Once your child's DEFAULT dismissal option has been set, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's dismissal.
Exceptions that you can select include:
- After School Activity (such as Robotics Club, Art Club, etc.)
- Early Pick Up
- Meet Parent in Office
- B&G Club
- Car Rider
- Ride Assigned Bus
Please contact the front office if you have any questions.
Updates and Information
- PTA: Our PTA is looking for a few parents to help out next school year. Don't hesitate to email the PTA - firstname.lastname@example.org. Donating even a little time can be a huge help to our students!
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please use your School Dismissal Manager app to indicate your child's absence or call the front office. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Car Rider Drop Off Families - Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
Notes from Nurse Kelly
Healthy Smiles Dentist will be coming to Liberty Park Elementary on April 15th. Please watch for notices to come home on this. This dentist provides services on-site here at Liberty Park for complete oral exams, check up x-rays, dental cleanings, fluoride, dental sealants, and dental education.
Letters went home before break from the Marion County Health Dept in regards to the vision results. Your student will only get a letter if follow up with an eye doctor is recommended. If you did not receive a letter, then your student passed the eye exam. Please contact the nurse if you have any questions. 317-532-1855.
PLEASE CHECK THE LOST AND FOUND IN THE NURSE'S STATION. WE HAVE A LOT OF WINTER ITEMS AND LUNCH BOXES.
Warren Girls Youth Soccer League
WARREN GIRLS SOCCER YOUTH LEAGUE INFORMATION
We will be starting our spring season after the Warren Twp. Spring Break.
The first practices will be on Tuesday April 2 and Wednesday April 3. Once games start on April 17 we will practice on Tuesdays and play on Thursdays.
This season there is a $15 per child fee. This will cover the T-shirts and other costs that that we incur. We feel that this still makes this youth program very accessible to families in our community. Please be sure to register as soon as possible. While we do not want to turn anyone away, there is a limit to the number of players we can serve. Use the link below and register. You will find more information about the league on the form.
New Warren App and Website
Warren Township School District has a new app and website! The purpose of the app and website is to provide regular updates through the live feed, district news, and
district events sections as well as other important district information. The app includes easy access to the weekly breakfast and lunch menu, staff contacts, district documents, bullying and safety reporting form, and much much more. The Warren app can be downloaded at the Apple and Android App Store. Stay informed and download the app today. The district website is www.warren.k12.in.us.
Online Safety Guides for Parents
The Warren Early Childhood Center is partnering with the Indianapolis Urban League to offer a program, Read and Rise, to our parent community. The foundation of the program is aimed at promoting reading and literacy development in the home. Their mission is to reinforce that parents are a child's first and most important teacher.
ECC will host three family literacy workshops as outlined below:
Thursday, April 25; 6:00-7:15 p.m.- Focus on Birth to Age 4
Thursday, May 9; 6:00-7:15 p.m.- Focus on Kindergarten and 1st Grade, up to age 7
Thursday, May 23; 6:00-7:15 p.m.- Focus on 2nd Grade and 3rd Grade, up to age 9
IUL teaches the workshops, provides dinner, how-to guides for parents and reading materials for children. ECC will provide child care for families whom would otherwise not be able to attend. Contact the WECC with any questions: 317.869.4750
Students who attend school regularly have been shown to achieve at higher levels than students who do not have regular attendance. Every school day counts in a child's academic life... a missed school day is a lost opportunity for students to learn. The effects of lost school days build up one absence at a time. Leaving early or coming in late, is a loss of instructional time that cannot be made up.
During the month of March our attendance was 96.5%. Thank you for all that you do to ensure that students are healthy and attend school regularly.
Lunch Time Reminders
Car Rider Procedures/Map
Please ensure that students are being picked up and dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. If you are visiting the building during arrival and dismissal times, we ask that you please park in the west parking lot to avoid any safety risks and congestion for buses. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process. Thank you for your help in this matter.
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Brooke Tapper - Counselor
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse