my DIGITAL FOOTPRINT
CP2 ~Addy Abner
Digital footprint statistics!
- 70% of Facebook users log on daily, including 43% who do so several times a day.
- LinkedIn is the only major social media site where there are more users age 30-49 than 18-29
- Online women continue to dominate Pinterest – 44% use the site, compared with 16% of men
- 77% of social media-using teens say people are less authentic and real on social media
- Thirty-seven percent of companies use social networks to research potential job candidates according to a 2012 study from career builder.
11 TIPS FOR STUDENTS TO MANAGE THEIR DIGITAL FOOTPRINTS
2. Keep A List Of Accounts
3. Don’t Overshare
4. Use A Password Keeper
5. Google Yourself
6. Monitor Linking Accounts
7. Use A Secondary Email
8. You Don’t Need 12 Email Addresses
9. Sending Is Like Publishing–Forever
10. Understand That Searches Are Social
11. Use Digital Tools To Manage Your Footprint