- The popularity of fast food has increased over the past 70 years.
- Now fast food resturants serve 50 million people daily.
- When kids eat fast food, they swallow 187 more calories.
- The fast food eating kids gain about six extra pounds in just one year.
- Eat at fast food restaurants less.
- Choose smaller portions.
- For a drink choose water, low fat milk or 100% fruit juice instead of soda or shakes.
- When parents order chicken, the best thing to do is avoid deep fried, crispy or breaded items. Also it’s good to stay away from extra toppings such as cheese, meat, bacon, butter and sauces