Lawyer

Why

What I am intrested in is a job that pays a decent amount and that I am actually wanting to do thats why I chose lawyers. I chose a lawer because im interested in the law and beind a lawer you can get an hourly wage of around $41!

Education

92% of your education has to be porfessional degree and the other 8% has to be masters degree

Who am I

Interest

"Enterprising — Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.

Investigative — Investigative occupations frequently involve working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. These occupations can involve searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally" O net

Skills

"Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.

Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.\

Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems" O net

Values

"Recognition — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer advancement, potential for leadership, and are often considered prestigious. Corresponding needs are Advancement, Authority, Recognition and Social Status.


Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement." O net

Answer

Why should all of these things be considered when deciding on a career. So you can know what you need when deciding on a career.

How do I get there

The college I would choose to go to would be in would be concord. I choose this school because its the top law school in Arkansas. The tuition is 13,322 for 2014

Where am I going

Job description

  • Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation.
  • Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
  • Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
  • Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.