Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of October 25th, 2021
From Mrs. Flemming
We can't wait to see all of you this Tuesday for our Pajama Jam Literacy Night and 2nd Grade music performance. From 5-6PM your camper's grade level has prepared a reading under the stars event for the whole family. Come in your PJ's and see all of the great strategies we have been learning in reading.
3rd and 4th grade interim assessments will be on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Please help us by getting your camper to school on time with a great night's rest.
Our Storybook Pumpkin Patch is growing in the library! CLICK HERE for more details.
As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out!
❤ Mrs. Flemming
Principal, Silver Creek Elementary
2nd Grade Music Program Information
The second graders have been working hard on their music program, Journey Into Outer Space. We are so excited to perform this for parents on Tuesday, October 26th at 6:00 p.m. This is the same night as Silver Creek’s Literacy Night, so come for the sessions and then students will line up in the music room at 5:40 to be ready for their performance.
We are asking student performers to wear a plain black shirt.
If your student has a speaking/singing/instrumental part that information is coming home separately with their part to practice. And if you cannot make it to watch the evening performance to see your child, we will be performing for the school on the 26th at 7:55 a.m.
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to see more in each link!)
Menus for the Week
Snacks available for additional cost M-F for 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades and Fridays for K and 1st.
October 25: 50th Day of School
October 25: PTO Meeting @ 4:30 in the library
October 25-29: Red Ribbon Week
October 26: 2nd Grade Program - School Performance 7:55am
October 26: Pajama Jam - Literacy Night (5:00-6:00PM)**
October 26: 2nd Grade Performance (6:00-6:30)
October 27: Picture Make-Up Day
- November 5: Progress Report Issued
- November 8-12: Book Fair!
- November 9: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (A-L)**
- November 10: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (M-Z)**
- November 11: Veteran's Day Parade
- November 12: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break - No School
- November 29: Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
- November 29: Progress Report Issued
- November 30: TRRFCC Ticket Store this Week
- December 6: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
- December 15: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- December 16: 3rd Grade Winter Performance**
- December 17: Class Holiday Parties (9:00-10:00AM)
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**