About Geoffrey Chaucer
- born Circa 1343
- attended St. Paul’s Cathedral School
- father of English literature
- a shoe maker
- captured by french during the expedition of 1359
- 3 children one girl two boys
- he married Philippa Roet
- his book are called the 'The Book of the Duchess' 'The Legend of Good Women' and 'Troilus and Criseyde'.
- went to war in France
- he wrote poem
- died in 1400
- buried in Poets Corner of Westminster Abbey.
- known for quotes
the canterbury tale
- a group of thirty people who travel as pilgrims to Canterbury (England).
- a poem telling the way the travel was