A Message from Superintendent Dr. Shawn Olson ~ 6/11/2021
As the 2020-21 school year draws to a close, I want to thank you once again for supporting and guiding your students through this extraordinary year. I also want to offer a special congratulations to the Class of 2021. They have shown remarkable adaptability and tenacity throughout their final year in D140. We are incredibly proud of our graduates and wish them continued success in high school.
Our administrative team and the School Board were pleased to see that the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) recently adopted a resolution that all schools will return to full, in-person learning in August 2021. At this point, we are hoping and planning for as normal a year as possible. ISBE, in conjunction with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), is expected to release further guidance for schools later this summer. As always, we will continue to update you as new information becomes available.
This has been a very challenging year for our school community. We have adjusted countless times and in countless ways to meet the ever-changing demands of this historic year. Thank you to our students, families, teachers, paraeducators, administrators, and support staff for everything you’ve accomplished. We have much to be proud of in KSD 140!
We hope you will take time to relax and recharge this summer. We look forward to partnering with you again next year.
Dr. Shawn M. Olson
Have You Registered Your Student for the 2021-22 School Year?
If you have not done so already, please log in to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal to register your returning student(s) and pay your school fees. Payment plans are available through our business office.
If you have any questions, please call your school office for assistance.
- June 11: Last Day of School - THIS IS A HALF-DAY - Elementary Schools will be dismissed at 11:10 a.m. and Middle Schools will be dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
- June 11: Report Cards Live in Infinite Campus at 12:15 pm.
- June 17: Board of Education Meeting
- July 15: Board of Education Meeting
- August 20: Kindergarten Round-Up
- August 23: Staff Institute Day - No Student Attendance
- August 23: Open House at Elementary Schools
- August 24: First Day of School for All Students
- August 24: Open House at Middle Schools