Week of June 20th, 2022
Newsletter at a Glance
- Last Week of School!
- Tacoma Flex
- Counselors' Corner
- Summer Programs and Workshops
- Helpful Information
Last Week of School!
Tuesday, July 21st: Finals Makeup (Regular Schedule)
Wednesday, July 22nd: Last Day of School! (Early Release)
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
Please see your counselor for more information.
Ms. Munday (Last Names M-R): firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Specialist: Ms. Caskey email@example.com
Community Resource Center (CRC) - firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-571-6780
Happy Spring Abes!
We are back and in full swing for the last part of this school year; here are a few updates:
- Ms Hart is out on leave but Mr. Levine is here every day now, come by and visit if you have any needs. We have our usual stock of school supplies, hygiene items, groceries, and clothes.
- Seniors: As we get closer to graduation and you cannot afford a cap and gown come talk to us as.
- As we get ready for summer and there are any other needs come by and visit and let us know.
Summer School Information
If you signed up, here's what you need to know:
Summer School Dates
June 27th-July 28th, no school on July 4th
Credit recovery for classes you previously failed through the Edgenuity platform.
How to earn credit
Students must complete 100% of the class on Edgenuity with a passing grade to earn the credit.
When you signed up, you selected virtual or in-person. This will be the type of Edgenuity support you receive. Check your student email for your Edgenuity login information!
Nutrition for In-Person Learners
Breakfast will be served at 8:30am and lunch at 11:30am.
Washington Business Week 2022 Clean Energy Program
Virtual Dates: July 11th-15th
In-person Dates: July 25th-29th at UW-Tacoma
· WBW is conducting virtual and in-person programs for students 14-18 years of age.
· Career Pathways for students include: Business, Clean Energy, Telehealth/Healthcare, and Advanced Business for our Alumni.
· Students earn 2 elective college credits from Renton Technical College and receive direct instruction on Leadership, Teamwork, and Business 101. Students have a chance to win a $1500 college scholarship at all programs.
· The program includes Financial Literacy and College Application Prep speakers along with speakers on emotional intelligence, grit, and overcoming obstacles.
· In-person programs will be day programs conducted at Renton Technical College & University of Washington-Tacoma.
· Virtual program will happen for Spring Break for the majority of schools in Washington and also in June and July.· Robust scholarships and financial assistance are available through an easy, less than 5 minutes, application. No student will be denied access to WBW if they want to attend. Also, we have full tuition assistance for BIPOC students along with school districts and private donors sponsoring students but the bottom line is we will break any financial barriers for students to attend who otherwise could not. WBW and the sponsors of the organization are dedicated to access and inclusion for all students. https://www.wbw.org/our-programs/tuition-assistance/
Register at www.wbw.org
High School Leadership Program - UWT
Friday, August 5thLead Your Way is a program for rising sophomores and juniors in Tacoma who are interested in learning about the challenges and opportunities of leadership, reflecting on their own leadership skills and development, and understanding the role they can play in improving their communities. Admission to the program will prioritize students with significant lived experience as leaders, and fewer opportunities for formal leadership education programs. Speakers will represent women who lead across a variety of sectors, and will highlight women’s leadership development, successes, and challenges.
For more information, visit https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/business/clsr/high-school-leadership-program or contact email@example.com
Athletic Event Schedule
Pierce County League
All Lincoln Sports can be found on the Pierce County League website: http://www.pclathletics.org/
FREE Sports Physicals
Thursday, August 4, 3:30-6:00 p.m. (Free sports physical)
· Partner: Multicare Center for Health Equity & Wellness
· Location: Mt Tahoma High School, 4634 S 74th Street
· Who: 5+ years of age and older, including family and community members
· Details: Walk-in clinic; Free sports physical; back-to-school immunizations, COVID-19 primary series (ages 5+) and a booster dose (ages 12+); bring your original COVID-19 vaccination card. All three COVID-19 vaccines are available.
· What to bring: Identification, students' most up-to-date immunization records, and original COVID-19 vaccine card (if available).
What clubs do we offer at Lincoln?
- Bell Schedules
- Bus stop information
- Campus Maps: Lower floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor
- Student Handbook
- School Supplies
- MySchoolBucks Registration
- Order Lincoln Gear
- Lincoln Athletics Information
- Community Resource Center Guide
- TPS Family Support Center: Tech Help, Free and Reduced Lunch Info, Homeless Student Support
Let us know how we can continue improving Lincoln's Latest by filling out this form.