Pine Road Express
Pine Road Grows Great Kids
January 30, 2020
- A MESSAGE FROM DR. SWANK -
Dear Pine Road Families,
Winter weather continues to tease us this school year. However the possibility of cold temperatures and unpredictable weather will likely continue to be our norm for the next few months. Please be sure that you send your child(ren) prepared for the weather as we always do our best to provide our students with a minimum of thirty minutes of recess each day.
Thank you to Mrs. Thierolf and Mrs. Lemos for organizing our 3rd Annual MLK Day of Service. We had a great turnout. Thank you to everyone that joined us for this wonderful morning of service!
Brian J. Swank, Ed.D.
Dates to Remember
- January 31: Art Event at 6:00 PM
- February 3-7: National School Counseling Week
- February 4: PTA Meeting at 9:15 in the staff lunchroom
- February 6: Spirit Stick Sales (K-2) Please have students bring money in an envelope with their name on it. $1.00 per stick with a max of five sticks per student.
- February 7: Spirit Stick Sales (3-5) $1.00 per stick with a max of five sticks per student.
- February 10: Cookie Decorating Social for students in grades 2 & 3
- February 13: 4/5th Grade Orchestra String POPS Concert at 7:00 PM at LMHS
- February 14: Early Dismissal (12:10 PM)
- February 17: No School (Presidents' Day)
- February 18: School Board Meeting at 7:00 PM (Pine Road Gym)
- February 21: Family Bingo Night - Save the date!
- February 25-27: American Heart Association Heart Challenge
- February 28: LM Foundation Boardwalk Event
Pine Road HighLights
Reminder: You must have clearances to join us during the school day
Attention: Parents and Guardians of Fifth Grade Students
- We are always happy to see new faces and meet new people, if you would like to volunteer at one (or more) of our PTA events, click here to see what is available https://www.lmtsd.org/Page/9469
- Please check the lost and found to see if you can find any of your child's items, we have a growing pile of coats, hats, water bottles, lunch bags and more.
- Keep sending in Box Tops. We are still accepting the clipped ones. If you haven't yet, get the app and scan your receipts https://www.boxtops4education.com/
Service Learning Projects
We are excited to be joining TREX for the Plastic Film Recycling Program. Don’t miss this opportunity to rid your house of plastic shopping bags. Collection boxes are located in the lobby and halls of Pine Road School.
News from the cafeteria
Breakfast and Lunch menus are posted on a new interactive website, Nutrislice. Our innovative and interactive site and mobile app makes our school menus more convenient and informative than ever before! Download the Nutrislice App from the App Store or get it on Google Play and then search Lower Moreland.
Food sold during the school day is required to meet nutrition standards that are referred to as Smart Snacks. Smart Snacks encourage students to make healthier snack choices to help give them the nutrition they need to grow and learn. Check out the 2019-2020 price list for the list of snacks we serve in the cafeteria.
Pine Road had a special visitor last week from Molly the Cow, The Nutrition Group's Mascot! The students had a wonderful time seeing Molly during lunch. The students were also given Strawberry Peach Smoothies as their fruit of the day.
Home Access Center
HAC enables you to view your student's registration, attendance, report card, progress report, classwork, and scheduling information.