Stand on the site of the first shot in the Civil War.The Charleston Historic District, also known as Charleston Old and Historic District, is a historic district in Charleston, South Carolina.It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1960.When initially listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1966, the district was defined as "An area roughly bounded by Broad, Bay, S. Battery and Ashley and an area along Church bounded by Cumberland and Chalmers". It includes 81 contributing properties and 700 or more other properties.The French Quarter of Charleston, South Carolina, is a section of downtown Charleston. I The French Quarter is basically within the original "walled" city of Charleston.The area began being called the French Quarter in 1973 when preservation efforts began for warehouse buildings on the Lodge Alley block. It was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Pictures of this most beautiful city
Guaranteed to be fun and relaxing
Stuff to do while you are there and how to get around.
Here a website for you to check out on sporting events to see.
Here is another website that you can check out different places to eat.
- http://www.opentable.com/south-carolina-restaurants?m=91&ref=13138&sp=ppc_g_South-Carolina_nontm Transportation can be a little tricky here are some sites to help you get to wherever you want to go.
Population and Weather
There is a population of 122,689 as of 2011.
Before planning your trip you've got to know what the weather is like so you know what to wear.
Just follow this website for the weather on average.
Although there are no professional sports teams in South Carolina, there are several league teams in South Carolina as follows:
- Charleston RiverDogs (A) - Charleston
- Greenville Braves (AA) - Greenville
- Greenville Grrrowl (ECHL) - Greenville
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans (A) - Myrtle Beach
- Pee Dee Pride (ECHL) - Florence
- South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) - Charleston