Endeavour Intermediate News
AUGUST 2019 #loveyourpeople
WE BELIEVE IN YOU
YOU ARE CAPABLE OF GREAT THINGS
YOU ARE RESPECTED
YOUR ARE LISTENED TO
YOU ARE UNIQUE
YOU ARE WORTH IT
WE EXPECT GREAT THINGS
WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU
WE CARE ABOUT YOU
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
YOU ARE THE REASON WHY WE ARE HERE
WE LOVE YOU!!!
THE ENDEAVOUR FAMILY
We are so excited to have YOU and your family attend our Open House on August 28th from 5:30-7:00 at Endeavour Intermediate. This event is a great opportunity to find your classroom, meet your teacher, drop off school supplies, speak with transportation about bus routes, speak with our school nurse and build relationships with other families, as well.
Additionally, our amazing PTO will be there to offer support, pre-sale yearbooks, and provide popcorn. Yum!!! They will be accepting cash or check this year only. We hope you can join us for this important evening event!
Great things have happened over the summer that I believe are going to make our school
THE. BEST. SCHOOL. EVER!
Check this out...
- Mrs. Angale Barreto will be teaching 2nd grade this year. She taught 3rd grade last year and before that taught at Discovery Primary. She will be an exceptional addition to the 2nd Grade Team and this school year!
- Mrs. Asha Burnside will be teaching 3rd grade this year. She comes to us with several years of experience in our district as a student teacher, guest teacher in multiple buildings and is also a Fife High School graduate. She also attended Endeavour when she was a child!
- Mr. Jon Werner will be teaching 4th grade this year. He comes to us with several years of experience teaching in the Federal Way School District. He is passionate about students and brings great energy to our 4th grade team and our Endeavour family!
- Ms. Jeanne Cole has been an Educational Assistant in our building, supervising recesses, supporting lunches and a variety of other duties. Her new role this year will be working with Mrs. Kennedy in the Reading Intervention Program, along with supporting other supervising roles within our school.
- Mr. David Pogson is Endeavour's new & outstanding Assistant Principal! We are lucky to have him as part of our family! He is passionate about our students success, not only in academics, but has a gift for understanding and supporting the whole child. His enthusiasm is contagious. We can't wait for you to meet him!
At Endeavour Intermediate School our mission is to assist our students in becoming better readers, writers, problem solvers, scientists, and mathematicians. We believe all of our students deserve our attention, through engaging and high quality student work and support as they progress throughout the learning system. We believe that this progress can only be successful through effective collaboration with our parents, families, and community partners. Parents are such an important part of our learning community and your voice is essential in achieving success for all our students.
Our Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports school-wide systems teach and reinforce expected behaviors and recognize students for regular attendance, achieving academic goals, and demonstrating expected behavior. We are continuing to strengthen our systems that support students’ social and emotional needs with our counseling department and support staff, as well. As we continue to grow, I encourage you and your child to get involved in the variety of clubs and family events.
Throughout the year, there will be many ways for families to get involved at school. If you are interested in getting involved, finding resources or visiting our pages, you can start by checking out the following sites:
Endeavour Intermediate Facebook page (www.facebook.com/EndeavourIntermediate)
Endeavour Website (http://endeavour.fifeschools.com/)
Endeavour PTO at (http://endeavourpta.wix.com/epta)
Endeavour PTO Facebook at www.facebook.com/Endeavour253
As I close this letter, please know that we value YOU and your input! We are looking forward to teaming with you, along with keeping the communication lines open.
Below is a list of staff members at Endeavour that you may contact for questions, concerns, or even have simple conversations!
Amy Mittelstaedt ~ Principal email@example.com
David Pogson ~ Asst. Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Bader ~ Office Manager email@example.com
Laverne Manolovitz ~ Attendance firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesse Smith ~ Counselor email@example.com
Please take a look at the updated calendar below.
Every Monday is a Late Start Monday, now.
27th - ENDEAVOUR STAFF TRAINING DAY (Building Closed)
This is a Professional Development day for our staff to prepare for your children and the upcoming school year!
28th - ENDEAVOUR OPEN HOUSE - 5:30-7:00
This is an opportunity to visit your classroom and meet your teacher. You will also have the opportunity to meet our fantastic PTO, Our Specialist Teachers, Intervention Teachers, Kitchen Staff, Transportation Staff and many more.
4th - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! (9:15 Tardy Bell & 3:30 Dismissal)
Student's may enter the building at 8:55 and are dismissed at 3:30. Please be sure that they know their transportation home. If you have a child riding the bus, you can always check with transportation at our Open House Night or by contacting transportation.
10th - ENDEAVOUR PTO MEETING @ 6:00 (Place to be determined)
9th - Late Start Monday (10:15 a.m.)
18th - Individual Student Photos (Information coming soon)
16th - Late Start Monday (10:15 a.m.)
23rd - Late Start Monday (10:15 a.m.)
30th - Late Start Monday (10:15 a.m.)