Raider Nation Staff Newsletter
Week of November 19, 2018
Greetings Raider Nation --
Hard to believe that a snow day came mid-November. I hope this is not indicative of what the winter holds regarding school closures. While our seniors may applaud such closures, the rest of us will have to endure an extension of the school year. So, keep those fingers crossed that this past Thursday was just an anomaly and not in any way a prognostication of what is to come.
Congratulations to our Lady Raiders Volleyball Team for their State Semifinal win on Tuesday over Westminster. They will play in the 3A Maryland State Finals this coming Tuesday, November 20 at 8pm at Richie Coliseum at the University of Maryland College Park. We hope you can come out to support! Admission is $10. More info below.
Monday afternoon is reserved SOLELY for professional learning. Please consult with your ITL regarding the plans for your specific content area.
As conferences begin tomorrow evening, just a reminder that if you feel uncomfortable or would like an administrator present at your conference, please reach out to one of us. We will be more than happy to sit in on the conference and offer support. Just a reminder that the PTSA will have a late lunch for the staff on Tuesday beginning at 2:45pm until 4:15pm.
Our Honor Roll Celebration has been moved to Friday, November 30. Our counselors have a meeting out of the building this day so we are asking for any extra hands to help serve over one thousand students. Thank you in advance!
Lastly, November is the time to be thankful, a time to remember and embrace those who enrich our lives. I am thankful for a lot of things and that includes being thankful for my Atholton family.
One of my favorite quotes:
“Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” -Joyce Giraud
I wish you all a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
See you tomorrow!
You may have heard that Debbie Sauers will be retiring next month. Please join me in thanking her for her service to the Atholton community -- as a parent and as a staff member. She is the consummate professional who makes all of our lives easier here at school. She will truly be missed!
Best of luck to you Debbie!
Monday (11/19) -- County-wide Professional Learning
Monday (11/19) -- Evening Conferences
Tuesday (11/20) -- Late Lunch from 2:45 - 4:15
Tuesday (11/20) -- Evening Conferences
Wednesday (11/21) -- Conferences
More Info on Lady Raider State Championship Volleyball Game
Tuesday, 11/20 @UMCP-Ritchie Coliseum
8:00 PM -- Class 3A : Atholton vs. Bel Air
AHS Athletic Boosters will provide a FAN BUS to the Championship! Please use this link to register.
We have been given the following rules and regulations from the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA):
- Admission costs at Ritchie Coliseum – ages 7 & older, $10.00 (cash and Visa or Mastercard or on-line purchases ONLY will be accepted).
- Noisemakers and other distractions, i.e., sirens, whistles, horns, bells, etc., are prohibited.
- Balloons, large hats, mascots, etc. must not visually obstruct teams, officials, or spectators.
- Signs are permitted which display a positive support of the school. Derogatory or obscene signs will be confiscated. Signs may not be carried through the stands as a means of taunting other spectators.
- Parking at Ritchie –We will be using the non-metered “K” and “J” lots beside and behind Ritchie along with the “C” lots across the street at the Visitor Center on Route 1. LOTS 16B AND 7 ARE NOT AVAILABLE AND IF YOU PARK HERE, YOU WILL RECEIVE A TICKET!!!!
- Souvenir Fan Cards will be available for no cost.
- T-shirts will be sold at the site by Nightmare Graphics.
- Videotaping may take place in the balcony area, under the following conditions. Videotaping must take place in the roped off area only, there should be only one adult per video camera, and no children. Please bring adequate battery supply as there is limited electrical access in the balcony area.
- Lastly, at the end of the match, security members will have a rope that they will use to keep fans from rushing the court. It is prohibited for fans to rush the court.
Mark Your Calendar
November 20 & 21 -- Parent Conferences
November 22 & 23 -- School Closed --THANKSGIVING
November 30 -- Honor Roll Celebration during 4th Period Lunch Shifts
December 24 - January 1 -- School Closed -- WINTER BREAK