Career Management Center Newsletter
August 18, 2016
The CMC would like to welcome all of you to campus! We hope you had a fantastic summer. This is the first weekly newsletter for the 2016-2017 academic year! For all incoming students, the CMC provides updates, event information, and features a student in each issue spotlighting his or her career success. We also are introducing an Alumni Spotlight to help introduce you to outstanding Graziadio grads. Happy reading!
SPOTLIGHT - YOUR CMC Team!
How to Get the Most Out of An Information Interview
Information Interviews are essential for helping you find out more about an industry, job or company you are interested in. Just like in a formal job interview there are things you should ask during an information interview and things to avoid.
Click here for the full article:
Career Portal Job Postings & Events
LUNCH & LEARN SERIES ALL NEXT WEEK OFFERED BY THE CMC:
Session One - Resume & Cover Letter: Monday, 5/23/16 12:00 - 1:00 PM - Drescher Library - Bring Your Lunch and let's work together on your resume and cover letters!
Session Two - Interview Q & A: Tuesday, 5/24/16 12:00 - 1:00 PM Drescher Library - Bring Your Lunch and ask us your questions about interview prep!
Session Three - International Student Workshop: Wednesday, 5/24/16
12:00 - 1:00 PM Drescher Library - Bring your lunch and discuss your issues
- Session Four - Pitch Perfect: Small Talk Thursday, 5/25/16 12:00 - 1:00 PM Drescher Library - Bring Your Lunch and let's practice the art of small talk!
JOBS & INTERNSHIPS:
- Marketing Intern: ROSEWOOD HOTEL GROUP
- Planning Analyst: GHIRADELI CHOCOLATE COMPANY
- Business Development Associate: ASAHI KASEI AMERICA
- Retail Commercial Manager, Greater China: APPLE, INC.
- Finance Internship : NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL LA.
- Consumer Marketing Internship: 1-800-DENTIST
Stop by the CMC if you have questions about these postings or upcoming events.