SMM PARENT NEWSLETTER
March 27, 2020
TOGETHER WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
Simone Boell, Brad Binder, Sister Donna Baker, Marion Ciulla, Karen Soulet, Cherie Stockton, Kathleen Craig, Kaleb Manuel, Gerald Doucet, Mike Reams, Dale Davis, Lorraine Olmo, ZacharyCresson, Keith Baumgarter, Leslie Bouvier, Kasey Hart, Patsy Meyers, Joshua Smith, Dave Bonnar, John Campbell, and Dale McCloskey.
For all those sick and suffering from the Coronavirus, may they recover quickly and completely.
Important Announcement from Father Ed
March 20, 2020
Dear Parents and Parishioners of St. Margaret Mary Parish,
I am confident to announce that Mr. Chris Collins will continue as principal of St. Margaret Mary School.
While we are in the midst of our country’s health crisis our school preparations for school year 2020-2021 will move forward. I pray that you continue diligently working with your children that they may advance in wisdom, knowledge, and prayer.
Please pray that all of our families and individual members of St. Margaret Mary Parish will endure this time of vigilance and concern.
May God bless you and your family members wherever they may be!
Father Ed Grice
Important Message from Mr. Collins
SMM SCHOOL FEATURED IN ARCHDIOCESAN CATHOLIC COMMUNITY FOUNDATION E-NEWSLETTER
WSMM Morning Show
The WSMM Morning Show will be aired Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays while we are not in school. We are recording them on YouTube and then posting on our website: https://www.saintmm.org/
There is also a new section entitled "Home Learning" on the website. Please check it out.
HOW CAN WE… PRAY, THINK, MAKE, DO, AND… BE?
HELPFUL INFO FOR HOME LEARNING
If you are having trouble accessing RenWeb, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Login to RENWEB
Step 2: Click the tab on the left that says school
Step 3: Under that school tab click the word CLASSES
Step 4: If you have more than 1 child at SMM- use the drop box to select the 2nd grader
Step 5: Then click on 2-HR-2
Step 6: Once you're on that Homeroom page then click RESOURCES at the
TIME TO ORDER YEARBOOKS
As we all adapt to change, one thing that remains constant is the yearbook tradition of documenting the history of our students and our school year. We are pleased to announce that our yearbook adviser and staff are working hard to complete the yearbook and make sure it is printed.
Since copies are limited and school schedules continue to change, we ask that you please order your year- book online as soon as possible. Jostens offers a payment plan at checkout for your purchase if you would like to use that option
In addition to partnering with us on our yearbook tradition, Jostens has also created an inspirational video we would like to share. To help us connect as a campus, we encourage you to watch the video with your students and follow up with discussion about how each of us can root ourselves in hope during these unprecedented times.
Take a look at the video here: https://bit.ly/Family_Video
Listing of Masses Online
Below is a listing of virtual Mass and prayer opportunities (and a link for Stations of the Cross) established by priests and parishes in the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Continue to check this list daily for updates and follow on Facebook for more opportunities in real time.
Mom, What's For Dinner?
Two of our wonderful SMM parents have reached out to us about their restaurants and what they are offering.
Carreta's Grill, who has sponsored our Flag Football Teams in the past, is offering their usual Tuesday night special all week - a free kid's meal with the purchase of an adult entree.
Texas Roadhouse, who currently sponsors our Student of the Month Program, has curbside carryout service with special family menu choices. Please see their flyer below.
Please patronize our SMM families' establishments when you are considering take out. They both have been generous to SMM.
St. Margaret Mary is offering Grab N' Go Breakfast and Lunches Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 12 noon. * of the cafeteria. Please enter from Robert Boulevard through the back gate near El Paso and drive to the side
Also, please remember that you do not need to sign up and that anyone in Slidell may pick up Grab N' Go meals. Therefore, the cafeteria staff does not know how many people will come through the line. If they run out of meals, they run out. They are trying to base the number of meals on the number of people who have come through the line, but no one can predict how many meals that they will need on any given day.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
* Subject to change according to the Archdiocesan Food Services
Champions of Catholic Education Tuition Assistance
First Bank and Trust is partnering with the Office of Catholic Schools to process online financial aid applications for parents applying for tuition assistance through the Champions of Catholic Education. The program is open to families with school-aged children attending Catholic schools, in grades Kindergarten through 12th, within the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
How do I apply for tuition assistance through the Champions of Catholic Education?
- The student must be enrolled at one of the Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of New Orleans in grades Kindergarten through 12th before submitting an application for the Champions of Catholic Education.
- To begin the online process, go to https://tuitionportal.fbtonline.com to set up your User Id and Password on the First Bank and Trust portal. Be sure to know the submission deadlines.
- From the Dashboard, click on the “Financial Aid Tab” and then click on the “Champions of Catholic Education Application” link to start your application.
- From the “Start” page, begin completing all fields and sections of the application that apply to your family.
The application window will close on Friday, April 3, 2020.
You will need the following information to complete your application:
- Your school’s 2020-2021 tuition and fee schedule
- Your bank’s routing number and account number to complete the $40 processing fee
- Copy of your signed most recent federal form 1040 income tax return with all W-2’s
- Copies of two (2) most recent employment paystubs for all applicants
- Copies of all non-taxable income documentation (Social Security and Disability Income)
- Documentation of Monthly Rental Expense or Mortgage Statement
- Court Orders showing alimony, child support, and any financial agreements
- From the “Documentation” page, you will be required to upload the required documents through a secure online process. Documents may also be faxed to First Bank and Trust to the attention of “Financial Aid Processing” at (504) 620-1450 or mailed to 909 Poydras Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112.
- From the “Payment” page, you will be required to enter your bank’s routing number and your bank account number to process the non-refundable $40.00 application fee.
Once you submit your online application, you will receive a confirmation email from FBT. If additional information or documentation is required, you will be contacted by a bank representative at the email address or phone number provided.
Once the review of your application has been completed by First Bank and Trust, your information will be forwarded to the Office of Catholic Schools for a final determination on tuition assistance and you will be notified via email by August. You will not receive tuition assistance results from First Bank and Trust.