~ Hawley Elementary School Newsletter: May 8, 2021 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
We continue to enjoy our days and are grateful to be in school together. Learning, laughing, activities and fun remain the focus.
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .....
~ Teacher Appreciation Week ~
A Great Start to the Week
Lunch for Staff
This was very special. Click HERE if you have not yet seen. ENJOY!
A Message From the Library
The last day for checking out books this school year will be Friday, May 21st and all books are due back to the library on Friday, June 4th. The library is due for a complete inventory, which takes several days to complete.
As an incentive to motivate students and staff to return their library books by June 4th, the first class and their teacher who return all their books before or on June 4th will receive an extra recess supervised by Mrs. Carlson.
~ Game ON! ~
~ Hawley Beautification ~
Math Super Stars
Reach out to Nancy White with any questions at email@example.com.
~ In With the New ~
We will be able to accommodate 2 parent volunteers per class. This is based on comfort and assistance needed in the smaller format. Volunteers will park at Caraluzzis, will wear a mask at all times, will distance the best that they can from groups, will remain at their station, and leave when the events are complete. As a Thank You for all they have done for us this year, Room Parents will receive preference and then other names will be drawn from a hat. Also, to allow more participation, parents will only be able to volunteer only once.
The dates are Friday, June 4, with a rain date of Monday, June 7. K, 1, Fries and Rea are 9:30-11:45; and Whitmore, Vazzano, grades 3 and 4 are 12:45-3:00.
If you are willing and able to volunteer, please fill out and submit the Google Form by Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Please feel free to fill out a form for each child to increase your odds ;0)
Click HERE for the Volunteer Form.
Important Reminders / General Info
- Until further notice, All Wednesdays are 3-Hr Early Release Days regardless of the Instructional Model that we are in. We will dismiss at 12:37 pm, please plan accordingly.
- Parent Pick-Up certainly runs better when people are not early. There is actually less waiting if cars are spaced out and on time. Those going to REED after Hawley are the only cars needing to arrive 3:15-3:25. Hawley only pick-ups should not come until 3:30-3:40, with those waiting for REED students shuttling over arriving at 3:45. THANK YOU!
- Remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any Tech Issues that you are experiencing. This helps us prioritize and monitor all requests.
- Thank you for your continued support and for all the kind words and messages. They truly keeps us going!
Dates to Remember
- Wed, 5/19: 3-Hr Early Release Day for students
- Thurs, 5/20: Virtual Incoming Kindergarten Orientation 1 (there are 2 offerings of which you attend 1)
- Mon, 5/24: General PTA Meeting, 6:30-7:30
- Tues, 5/25: Virtual Incoming Kindergarten Orientation 2 (there are 2 offerings of which you attend 1)
- Wed, 5/26: 3-Hr Early Release Day for students
- Mon, 5/31: NO SCHOOL- Memorial Day