Here's what's happening in the huddle...
We planned our penguin stories using a story map and then wrote our rough drafts. From here, we edited our work for neat handwriting, spacing between words, appropriate capitalization and punctuation, and conventional spelling of word wall words. After Mrs. Bullard teacher edited the rough drafts, we wrote our final copies. These will be hanging in the hallway during portfolio conferences. Make sure you check them out!
Portfolio Conferences are just around the corner. Please look for your confirmation sheets to come home next Friday. I tried very hard to honor your first requests, but I did have to assign some second choices as my available times did not accommodate everyone. Please remember, first graders are expected to attend the conference with you.
For fun, we created an interactive bulletin board for you to visit when you come to your conference. Please make sure you have a QR Code Scanner and Reader app installed on your Smartphone/ipad/ipod to access our work.
Next week we will:
- read a story called Eva the Beekeeper
- independently write a 5 sentence paragraph for our portfolios
- complete the math computation task
- compare and contrast schools today with schools from long ago
- learn to measure using centimeters and count money using quarters
- read to our therapy dog, Gus