Flores Class Chronicle - Week 32
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
- Orange Specials Day
- Book Fair Open in Library 2:45-3:30 pm
- Yellow Specials Day
- Book Fair open in library - 7:45 - 6:00 (FAMILY NIGHT!)
- Green Specials Day
- Book Fair open in library - 7:45 - 3:30
- Blue Specials Day
- Book Fair open in library - 7:45 - 3:30
- Purple Specials Day
- Book Fair open in library - 7:45 - 12:00 - NOTE EARLY CLOSING TIME
- Fun Friday in 4th - Dress like a STAR! (optional; school dress code still applies)
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- Pen Pal Project
- Poetry Review
- Complete Texas Revolution ABC book
- Famous Texans Research Turn In
- Review skills
- Review Skills
- continue Biography Black Belts
- Food Chains and Webs
- Animal Adaptations - Learned Behavior vs. Inherited Traits
Reading & Math STAAR Testing Next Week May 9th and 10th
As with the writing STAAR test in March, we will be sending home notecards for you to write a note of encouragement to your child. It's a great way to help them smile before beginning the testing process! Please return the notecards by this Friday, May 6th. Thanks for your help!
FAMOUS TEXANS PROJECT
RESEARCH IS DONE
With our Math STAAR and Reading STAAR on the horizon next week, we'll be taking a break from our Famous Texan research project both this week and next. We will send home poster board after STAAR next week, and begin working on our slides presentations at school the week of May 16th.
For additional details, see the newsletter linked below.
LIVING MUSEUM DAY PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
- 10:00 - 11:00 - Flores, Eddy, & Weltzin homerooms perform
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Beasley & LaCombe homerooms
- 1:30 - 2:30 - Lau & Heim homerooms perform
We would love to see you on Living Museum day! Feel free to come and support your little Davy Crockett, Bessie Coleman, or Ladybird Johnson if you are able.Performances will occur as scheduled above and will be upstairs in the 4th grade neighborhood.
A few reminders -
- Poster board for the museum displays will be sent home Wednesday, May 11th. If students would like to use something other than the white poster board we provide, they are welcome to.
- While students are expected to dress as much like their Texan as possible on museum day, it is not our intent for you to purchase items specifically for this purpose. Let us know if you have any questions.
- A one minute video of last year's Living Museum can be found below if you would like to see what the event has been like in the past.
Students may begin using iStation and Think Through Math at home. Passwords and information about these programs will be sent home this Wednesday.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR - THIS WEEK, MAY 2 - 6
Our Spring Book Fair will be held next week, May 2 - 6th, in the library. Hours are as follows:
- Monday, 5/2 - 2:45 pm - 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, 5/3 - 7:45 am - 6:00 pm (FAMILY NIGHT)
- Wednesday, 5/4 - 7:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Thursday, 5/5 - 7:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Friday, 5/6 - 7:45 am - 12:00 pm
END OF THE YEAR P.E. EVENTS - MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Our 4th and 5th grade annual track meet will be held at Vista Ridge High School on Friday, May 20th. This is a highly anticipated event that the students look forward to every year. Again, be on the lookout for more details.
Volunteers will be needed to help make both events a success, so consider sharing your time if you're able on one or both of those days!
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold.
- Monday 5/2 - Friday 5/6 - Book Fair in Library (SEE SCHEDULE ABOVE)
- Wednesday 5/4 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade less than 70% in a subject
- Friday 5/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Dress like a STAR! (music, sport, TV - school dress code compliant, please :)
- Monday 5/9 - 4th Grade STAAR Math Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Tuesday 5/10 - 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Friday 5/13 -Field Day
- Friday 5/20 - 4th and 5th grade track meet
- Monday 5/24 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Friday 5/27 - Living Museum Performances (SEE SCHEDULE ABOVE)
- Monday 5/30 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Friday 6/3 End of 4th 9 weeks - report cards sent home & Last Day of School - Have a GREAT summer!