Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! The entire Hillcrest Staff is excited for our students to join us for another great year! Please review the information below which outlines new procedures and upgrades at Hillcrest.
Morning Arrival at Hillcrest
- Morning drop off will begin at 8:30 a.m. in the Front Circle.
- Drop off will conclude at 8:50 when the buses begin arriving.
- We will utilize four doors for arrival so please pull forward. Staff members will be present to direct families during drop off.
- Students must exit the car on the right (curb side). Staff will not be able to help open the door and assist the students from the car. Please practice before school starts.
Pre School and First grade students will dismiss from their outdoor classroom door. Staff members will be present to assist families. Cones will be placed near classrooms doors and parents are asked to line up behind the cones. A school staff member will notify your child's teacher that you have arrived. Please do not approach your child's classroom prior to dismissal.
Please help us maintain a safe environment by observing social distancing protocols and wearing a mask during our dismissal process.
Students riding buses will begin dismissing at 12:50.
The first week or so will be slow going as we all adjust to the new arrival/dismissal procedures. We ask for your understanding, patience, and cooperation during this time.
A HUGE thank you to our building staff members for preparing Hillcrest for another great school year! Mr. O'Campo, Mr. Escobar, Mr. Giraldo, Mrs. Hoeg, Mrs. Ahrens, Ms. Harpaul, Mr. Jones and Mr. Lieberman. Thank you to Mr. Knowles, Mr. Rapa and the summer maintenance crew for spending endless hours at Hillcrest getting ready for our reopening!
Hillcrest Health and Safety Enhancements for 2020-2021
- Our air ventilation systems have been maintained and are fully functional.
- Desks have been arranged so that students will sit six feet apart
- Classrooms and hallways outfitted with hand sanitizer dispensers
- Signage: Reminders to wear masks inside the facility are posted
- Outdoor hand sanitizer stations for arrival and dismissal
- Outdoor hand washing station located near outdoor learning spaces
- Social distance decals placed in hallways
- Two tents for outdoor instruction/mask breaks installed on the upper field
- Blacktop on the Upper Field repaved
- Fence replaced on lower playground
What Should I Bring to School?
All students and staff will be required to wear a mask at school. If your child doesn't have a mask, one will be provided. In preparation for the school year, consider increasing your child's mask stamina. The social stories in the following link may be helpful.
Your child's chromebook should travel back and forth with them daily. Please charge the chromebook each night.
Please send your child to school with a healthy snack for their mid-morning break.
Outdoor Learning Mat/Towel
- glue stick
- mini pencil sharpener
- pens (for writing workshop)
Chromebooks will be distributed on the first day of school to first and second graders. Kindergarteners and students enrolled in the K-5 Connections Virtual Pathway should follow the chromebook pick-up schedule sent out on Friday.
Welcome to New Staff at Hillcrest!
CABAS K-2 - Ms. Bajwa
2nd Grade - Ms. Chaisson
Pre School - Mrs. DellaCroce
2nd Grade Bilingual Teacher - Ms. Fernandez
Kindergarten - Mr. Mawyin
Kindergarten - Mrs. Meeks
Kindergarten Assistants - Mrs. Doe, Ms. Reit, Mrs. Rellah
Assistant: Mrs. Badolato
CABAS Staff: Mrs. Summa, Ms. Torres-Rivera, Mr. Yan, Ms. Sultana, Ms. Maier, Ms. Kim, Ms. Cai, Ms. Barrell, Ms. Shapiro, Ms. Geiger, Ms. Chan