VAMS Panther Press Newsletter
October 4, 2019
- Saturday, October 5 - VAISD Fall Festival 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the high school parking lot
- Monday, October 7 - NO SCHOOL
- October 7-9 - Quarterly Tests (see schedule below)
- Thursday, October 9 - Pep Rally @ 3:00 PM - Parents and community members are welcome to attend!
- Friday, October 11 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Frontier Village
- Saturday, October 12 - Fall der All in Downtown VA from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- October 14 - November 29 - Christmas Angel Coin Drive - more information coming soon
- Monday, October 14 - Aim For Success Parent Information Night 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the VAMS Cafeteria - ADULTS ONLY (more information below)
- Tuesday, October 15 - VAMS Beginner Band Performance in the cafeteria at 6:00 PM
- Thursday, October 17 - We will be on a pep rally schedule this day, however, there is NO pep rally. We are ending instruction time early because our athletes leave early this day. See the pep rally bell schedule below.
- Friday, October 18 - End of 1st 9 Weeks
- October 21 -25 - Red Ribbon Week (more information below)
- October 21 - 25 - Bus Driver Appreciation Week - Show your bus driver some love!
- Monday, October 21 - VAISD School Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
- Thursday, October 24 - Report Cards Go Home
- Friday, October 25 - VAMS Student Night Out (VAMS Students Only) - More information coming soon
No School on Monday, October 7
Lunch Times on 10/9 & 10/10
STC Fundraiser T-Shirt
PiP Registration Form
A Note From Our Nurse....
Vision and hearing screenings are being conducted the month of October at Van Alstyne Middle School. As a part of Health and Safety Code Chapter 36, the Texas Department of State Health Services requires that all newly enrolled children or children in Pre-k, Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th grade must be screened or have a professional examination for possible vision or hearing problems.
If you choose to not to have your child screened at school, please contact our school nurse, Nurse Wilson, at email@example.com. Documentation from your child’s visit to a healthcare provider must be turned into the school’s clinic as soon as possible. The documentation must verify that your child has been evaluated for potential vision or hearing problems. You may either turn the documents into the school’s front office or have them faxed to the number provided below.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our school nurse by phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the vision and hearing screening program, visit the Texas DSHS website at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/vhs/
Lorie Wilson, LVN
Community Service Hour Log
Promoting community service is a goal of VAMS! In order to promote and foster serving our community and others, students can earn a community service award at the end of the year awards assemblies to recognize students who give their time, talents, and hearts.
Find opportunities throughout the school year for your child to work on their community service hours. Make sure your child is documenting their community service time on their hour log.
VAMS Community Service Hour Logs are due on Friday, May 1st.
Click on the link below "VAMS Community Service FAQ Flyer" for more information.
Communication throughout the year
Middle School Website: Click HERE to access the VAMS webpage.
Social Media: Want to see what goes on at VAMS during the week? Want to see pictures of students doing awesome things? Want to see what learning looks like on our campus? Be sure to like us on Facebook, Van Alstyne Middle School, and follow us on Twitter at @vamiddleschool
Digital Newsletter: We email parents a digital campus newsletter every Friday. If you are not currently signed up to receive our weekly newsletter, click HERE.
Grade-level Remind Accounts: Please sign up for the appropriate Remind accounts below to help keep you informed. We also recommend having your child sign up as well. Teachers use Remind to communicate important dates and information.
Football - Thursday, October 10 @ 4:30 at Home vs. Lone Oak
Cross Country - District Meet Week of October 13 - Time TBA
UPDATED GIRLS BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Volunteer Approval Form
Click the button below to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!
This is the link to view your child's grades and attendance. Passwords were sent home with progress reports. If you need any help with this process, you may send an email request to email@example.com or call the school office.