- It's Homecoming week! Check out the events that are planned below.
- Fundraiser brochures went home last week. We are raising money to help pay for a new sound system in the cafeteria, prizes for our attendance store, playground equipment, and alternative seating for classrooms. Please help us make this fundraiser a success! Orders are due Wednesday, October 5.
- Student Council will meet after school Wednesday.
- This Thursday is picture day at the Intermediate.
- Robotics will have their first practice after school on Thursday, September 22.
- The PTO will be selling Sno Cones at the soccer fields again this Friday from 3:30-4:30. Proceeds will go to help fund projects at each campus.
- UIL UPDATE- Coaches are in the process of choosing practice times. As soon as times are set, we will send out an email and update our web page.
- Each Wednesday will be College Day at the Intermediate. Students and teachers are encouraged to wear a t-shirt from their favorite university.
- The Varsity cheerleaders will be selling spirit ribbons on our campus every Friday morning. Ribbons are $1. Some weeks there will be two designs available.
Homecoming is Here!
- The Homecoming parade will be Monday evening at 6:30pm with Panther Mania immediately following.
- Project Graduation will be offering a hamburger supper at the football concession stand throughout the evening on Monday.
- Also on Monday, the Lighting of the Letters will take place at 8:30pm.
- Friday night our Homecoming Coronation begins at 7:00pm and the game kicks off at 7:30pm. The Homecoming Queen will be crowned during half-time.
*Please remember, mums and garters are not allowed to be worn during the school day.*
A Few Reminders
- Running shorts and running leggings are not allowed.
- Leggings may only be worn with dresses that meet the fingertip length guideline.
- Boys hair length should be no longer than two inches on the top and one inch on the back and sides.
Also, we ask that all morning drop-offs take place in the front of the Intermediate. There is a lot of teacher and student traffic in the back lot in the mornings. Your child's safety is our first concern, so please help us with this issue.
Ways to Stay "In the Know"
- Weekly Announcements- Each Monday, we will email a quick newsletter with information about upcoming events. Please take a few minutes to check it out, and let us know if you have any questions.
- Our school website is a great place for information! You can find district information at www.pisd.net, and news specific to our campus on the Intermediate page. We also post weekly announcements, photo albums, and sign-up links on our Announcement page. In addition, all of our classroom teachers have a web page with information specific to their class. You can find links to them on our Faculty page.
- Facebook Page- We also post newsletters and reminders on our Facebook page. You can find it by searching @pisdint on Facebook, or simply click here.
- Remind- Subscribe to our campus Remind account by texting @intparents to (512)982-9630. This will add you to our list for text messages with important information. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- 4th Grade Remind- Our 4th grade teachers have a Remind account for specific 4th grade information. You can join it by texting @paradise4 to 81010, or by clicking here on your smartphone to sign up through the mobile app.
- 5th Grade Science- 5th grade parents can stay up to date on what is happening in Science by liking our Facebook page @PantherScience.