The DCMS Bat Signal: 10/23/18
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
REMEMBER, have students bring a pencil or pen to Friday's assembly. Sit with your students and please have students seated and ready to listen by 10:30 AM. Have a great week!
- Quarter 1 Grades Due for Posting - Monday, 10/22 @ 3 PM
- DARE TO DREAM Assembly - Friday, 10/26 @ 10:30 AM in the gym
- 5/6 Halloween Bash - Friday, 10/26, from 3:30 to 5 PM in the cafe
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - (2 Evenings) 11/1 & 11/8, 4:30 - 8 PM
- MS PTO Mtg - Monday, 11/5 @ 3:30 PM in the admin conference room
- 6/7 Choir Concert - Tuesday, 11/6 @ 7 PM in the gym
- Veterans' Day - Monday, 11/12 - Social Studies classes will complete related activities.
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 11/12, @ 6:30 PM at South Elementary cafe
- Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL on Wednesday, 11/21 - Friday, 11/23
Friday's Assembly - Air1's DARE TO DREAM
We are pumped up to share that AiR1's Dare to Dream program is coming to DCMS this fall. This is a high energy, high quality, religiously neutral presentation that is currently hosted by one of the following ex-Pro athletes, NFL’s Randy Rich, Penn State athlete Erin Weidemann, Ex-Pro Snowboarder Tom Gilles, and also includes a 3-week follow up program for the Teachers to use in the classrooms afterward, as well as a drawing for a free laptop or gift card for one lucky student per school.
Through the use of powerful personalities, comedy and video, “ AiR1’s DARE TO DREAM” brings HOPE to young people and instills a passion for the pursuit of smart choices and the belief they can achieve a brighter future.
Check out the program using the following links:
- PLC - Wednesday, 10/24, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- MS BST Mtg - Monday, 10/29, in the Special Services Conference room @ 3:30 PM
- NO PLC on 10/31 to allow for Parent-Teacher Conference Preparation
- PLC - Wednesday, 11/7, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 11/13 in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM for Suicide Prevention Training
- PLC - Wednesday, 11/14, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- 17-18 Evaluation Close Outs - In order for teachers raises to be processed in a timely manner, we need to close out last year's SLO, TLO, and final evaluations by Wednesday the 30th. Please go into SFS to enter your final data. Then schedule an appointment with your evaluator ASAP. Teachers new to Danville this year do not have to do anything.
Volunteers for 5/6 Halloween Bash on 10/26 from 3:30 - 5 PM - Thank you Mr. Hendricks, Mrs. Parent, and Mr. Smither for volunteering to help. We need more people please! We need staff volunteers to help us supervise the Halloween Bash. This is a great way to demonstrate going above and beyond in dedicating time for students and peers outside of class. Plus, it is fun to watch them. You are invited to dance with them and have a great time too. It does not have to be just standing around. Students are not to dress up on this day.
- Halloween is Wednesday, 10/31 - Please remember, students, do not dress up to celebrate Halloween during school. Classes are to run "business as usual". Please do not plan parties. Staff may dress up if you choose.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming. Reminder! The big key is for parents to sense that you know and care about their child. If any teachers have any parent meeting between now and conference time, feel free to count that as your parent/teacher conference. Please just document the meeting. If you want Heather, Laura, Dave, or Marsha to attend any of your conferences, then let us know. Marsha will provide dinner for the Teachers on 11/1 and 11/8. Please bring your own drinks.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.