Ceres (Roman Name)
Goddess of Earth, Agriculture, and Fertility
- Parents- Cronus and Rhea
- Spouse- Zues (also her brother)
- Siblings- Hestia, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, and Zues
- Children- Persephone, Despoina, Arion, Plutus, Philomelus, Eubuleus, Chrysothemis, and Amphitheus I
- Wheat and Grains
- The Crocus flower
- The Narcissus
- The Myrtle
- The Daffodil
- Power over all living things
- Peace-loving (kind)
- Loving, Demeter is a loving mother to her daughter, Persephone. When her daughter gets abducted by Hades she tries everything to get her back.
- Persistent, when she wants something she makes it happen. When her daughter was taken from her she changed up the weather and killed all of the crops continuously because she knew she couldn't get her back.
- Empathetic, she is empathetic towards the good people and uses her powers to grant them with good things.
- Dealt with depression, She is still struggling over her daughter being taken by Hades and still gets upset about it.
- Lived her life focusing on her daughter, not herself.
- Cares for others more than herself, she cares more about the good people in her life than herself and does everything for them.
Interesting Facts About Demeter
- Her and Dionysus were the two great gods of the Earth.
- Sometimes she was also known as the goddess of sacred law and the cycle of life and death.
- Demeter's daughter was abducted by Hades.
"Demeter." Demeter. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Demeter Was the Greek Goddess of Agriculture and Vegetation." Greek Goddess Demeter (Ceres), the Goddess of Vegetation. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Demeter • Facts and Information on Greek Goddess Demeter." Greek Gods & Goddesses. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Facts about Demeter the Greek Goddess." Facts about Demeter the Greek Goddess. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Find Your Goddess Archetype - Demeter, Goddess-power.com." Find Your Goddess Archetype - Demeter, Goddess-power.com. Web. 28 Jan. 2016."Goddess Symbols: Demeter." Goddess Symbols: Demeter Symbols and Myths. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.