We are UTVA!
You are invited to National School Choice Week activites!
About National School Choice Week
Held every January, National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child.
The goal of National School Choice Week (NSCW) is to raise public awareness of all types of education options for children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.
Thank you to our UTVA families for all you do to make our school great! We are so happy your School of Choice is UTVA!
Print this page out for your students to complete to show the many reasons UTVA is loved. Take a picture of your student with their completed page and email to email@example.com. UTVA will share these pictures at Charter Day on the Hill Event.
The Official 2017 NSCW Dance: Watch our tutorial to learn all the moves to the official National School Choice Week 2017 dance, set to Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling."
January 25th Booster Club Online School Choice Party in class connects @ 3:00
January 26th Charter Day on the Hill Event
- Join UTVA families at the Capitol Building to celebrate our school of choice! Be sure to wear your UTVA tee shirt or our colors (blue, purple, or green).
- Booster Club will be selling UTVA shirts at this event for $10 at the UTVA info table . Sizes and colors cannot be guaranteed or reserved.
- All Students in attendance will receive a complimentary National School Choice Week t-shirt.
- 75 yellow National School Choice Week scarves will be distributed from the UTVA table on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Capitol Building Tours provided by National School Choice will be available on the hour starting at 9:00am.
- Special UTVA performances at UTVA Info Table starting @ 1:20
- J. Wang, UTVA Concert Pianist
- UTVA students and families dance: Can't Stop the Feeling
UTVA Special Performances at Charter Day on the Hill Event @ 1:20, Jan. 26th
- UTVA student J. Wang- Concert Pianist
J. is 15 years old and is a 10th grade UTVA student. The flexibility of the virtual program at UTVA allows him to practice the piano 6-8 hours a day, 7 days a week, while providing challenging academic courses as he remains current in his path to high school graduation. You can see J's talent HERE as he performs at the Gina Bachauer International Young Artists Competition, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suLvbMY9rRI
- UTVA Students Ambassadors and UTVA Families Dance
All UTVA students are invited to join the UTVA Student Ambassadors to perform the National School Choice Week official dance. Practice the dance at home and come ready to dance with other UTVA students. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwmtIaWHaEw