Week ending December 22
All weather related announcements will be posted on the Shelton Public Schools website as well as on social media. Please do not call the schools asking if we are dismissing early-we need to keep the phone lines clear.
If there is a delayed opening, buses will arrive 2 or 3 hours later (depending on what kind of delayed opening was called) than their usual morning pick up time. The school building will NOT open for students prior to 10:45 with a 2 hour delay or 11:45 with a 3 hour delay (unless you are a registered member of the Boys and Girls club)-there are no exceptions to this.
There is NO BREAKFAST on delayed opening days
All students must bring a change of shoes if they come to school in snow/rain boots. We will call you to bring them in if they do not have any.
Posters to help all our learners with feelings and behaviors
All classes had discussions on feelings, what you can do when you feel that way, and what are acceptable/non acceptable behaviors
Calling All Heritages!
Parents/Families: Do you remember a game from your childhood? From your heritage or country? A fun activity for kids?? We invite you to share with the students at ESS! Our school is planning a day of fun for February 29, 2024!!
Let us know if you have a game/activity to share with your child's class or grade level. We are looking for volunteers to come to school and teach us FUN in a unique way
Click on the link here to sign up-https://forms.gle/bMTpLhqp81eYtFZw6
Flexibility Look For
VORS Focus for Janaury-Review of Flexibility, Teamwork and Initiative
I can show initative, be flexible and be a good team member everyday
This week's news:
Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time or donated for the class parties. It was so nice to see you all!
Ask your child to fill you in on DEAR time as well as Spotlight on Behavior-those are some new incentives we have here at ESS
Have a great break. All my best for a Happy and Healthy 2024--Mrs. Weber
- Please remind your child about expected behaviors on the bus and at school. Students are needing many reminders about speaking nicely to one another as well as toward staff members. If a behavior referral is sent home, please review it with your child. Have a strong home/school connections is so important. Thank you for your help with this.
We have designated visitor parking in front of the school. Please use those spaces when you come to school. Parking is not allowed at any time in the fire lanes or in front of the school after 3:00 when buses begin to arrive
- The students are continuing to work hard each day. I am so impressed with the progress both academically and behaviorally-keep up the good work!
- Please be sure you send your child dressed for outdoor recess each day-we will go outside for recess each day unless it is actively raining or snowing. If your child comes to school without a coat, there are many available in the lost and found for them to put on
- If you send your child to school in rain or snow boots, they must have a change of shoes with them. Those boots are very warm and bulky to wear all day long
- Please be sure your child finishes any donuts/breakfast foods, coffees or Starbucks drinks prior to arriving at school. We have so many allergies in classrooms-we need to keep everyone safe-thank you
- We are continuing to have a problem with parent drop off and pick up parking. You may NOT park in the fire lanes-it is a hazard. Also you may NOT move the cones that are set up to prevent access. The police have noticed and mentioned that they may be ticketing cars if the practice continues-this is for the safety of all involved
Please be sure your child is in school appropriate footwear-crocs are super cute but not practical for the playground.
- Spirit days are fun ways to unite as a school. They are optional and if you do not want your child to participate, that is completely fine. The schedule for the year is attached below
- Just a reminder that any medications must be brought to ESS by an adult. Students are not allowed to have medications in their backpacks at any time
- If your child is arriving in the morning after the doors are closed, please do not just drop your child and drive away. Please walk your child to the front door and ring the bell and we will escort them to their classroom
As stated in the rules/expectations that were sent out and are also linked below please remember that
- Student cell phones and smart watches must remain in backpacks in the off position during the school day. Students are not allowed to use these devices while at school. If your child contacts you during the day, please call the office instead of responding.
- Be sure to label all student items including jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles and lunch boxes. We have an overflowing lost and found collection each year. Anything left at the end of the year will be donated
- We have designated visitor parking in front of the school. Please use those spaces when you come to school. Parking is not allowed at any time in the fire lanes or in front of the school after 3:00 when buses begin to arrive .
December 23-January 1-
- December Break
- Rising Star Reading Incentive Kicks off!
- Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- Sports Jersey Day
- Early Dismissal Day
- No School-MLK Day
- PTO Meeting-6:30
- Camo day
Sign up to Volunteer in the Media Center
ESS Library Media Center Volunteer Form
Dear Parents and Guardians, My name is Mrs. Bush, and I am the Library Media Specialist at Elizabeth Shelton School. I am looking for volunteers to help out in the Library Media Center. Your help will ensure that our LMC is the best it can be for your child and all of our students.
- Please be sure you have read and have familiarized yourself with all the rules/expectations at ESS-especially about morning arrival and afternoon dismissal https://www.smore.com/app/pages/preview/mh5j6
- Link to our school website which contains lots of information-http://elizabethshelton.sheltonpublicschools.org/home_page