Upper Nyack Elementary School SCOOP
News You Can Use! May 15, 2023
JOIN THE PTA!
Calling all parents and caregivers!! The PTA’s two year term is finishing this year and all positions are open!!
Joining the PTA is a great way to get involved in the school and to help build our community for all families. All positions are open as all but one member of the current board is retiring! This is a two year commitment. Open positions are the following:
President, Vice President, Treasurer, Communications, and Recording Secretary.
- The deadline for all nominations to be received is May 15th. Nominations must be submitted through this link.
- There will be an important PTA Meeting on May 17th and this a chance for all nominees to speak about their interests of joining the board to attendees. Voting will follow in person and on zoom and the new board will be announced at the meeting.
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
The district sent out the following message last week:
Please be advised that Nyack Public Schools will now be CLOSED on Friday, May 26, 2023 due to unused Snow Days in the 2022-23 school year.
Goosetown is Coming - Saturday 6/10 from 11am-2pm
Summer Camp Offerings
St. Thomas Aquinas STEAM Camps
Mental Health Awareness Month
FIELD DAY IS COMING!!
The staff and students of the Upper Nyack Elementary School would like to invite you to join us on Friday, June 2nd for our annual Field Day. (Rain Date - Monday, June 5) We ask that you send your child to school that day wearing their designated team color which will be communicated by teachers when the date approaches. You are invited to come and watch your child compete in events at the upper field behind the school.
The schedule is as follows:
- 9:00 AM Opening Ceremonies & Parade
- 9:30 - 11:00 AM Events for students in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades
- 11:15 - 12:00 PM Lunch for grades K, 1, and 2
- 12:05 - 12:50 PM Lunch for grades 3, 4, and 5
- 1:00 - 2:45 PM Events for students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades
5th Grade Graduation and Kindergarten Moving Up
Due to space limitations, we will only be able to accommodate 2 people per student at these events. Soon, you'll be receiving two tickets to your child's event in backpack mail. We are sorry that we cannot accommodate more people, but space simply will not allow us to exceed two tickets per student.
As we know that sometimes grandparents and other loved ones wish to see the ceremony, we are working hard to make arrangements to livestream the event. More info to come soon.
ARCHIVES ON OUR WEBSITE
Mark Your Calendars!
- Thursday, May 18 - UNES Talent Show (6:00pm)
- Friday, May 19 - Grade 3 Walking Trip to see Cinderella
- Friday, May 19 - 4th Grade Living History Day
- Monday, May 22 - Grade 1 Field Trip (Norwalk Aquarium)
- Tuesday, May 23 - Busy Bridge Presentation @ 9:15 (Grades K-2 only)
- Thursday, May 25 - Grades 4 & 5 Concert
- Wednesday, May 31 - 5th Grade BRIDGES program visit to NMS
- Saturday, June 3 - African American Day Parade and Festival
- Tuesday, June 6 - 2nd Grade Trip to Bear Mountain
- Saturday, June 10 - Goosetown Block Party
- Sunday, June 11 - Rockland PRIDE parade