EMS Raider Student & Family News
March 28 - April 1
A Message from Mrs. Venegas
Hello Raider Family!
Thank you for your support as we welcomed back to school this week. It was SO GREAT to see our Raiders again after some time off to rest and relax.
This week, we will have our spring Parent-Teacher Conference Night on Wednesday, March 30th. We are so excited to welcome you back to learn about the progress your Raider has made over the course of this school year! Beginning at 4:30 pm, we invite you and your Raider to visit their Curriculum Enrichment teacher's classroom. There, your Raider will share with you how they're progressing in their classes using a Google Slide presentation they created for you. Their CE teacher will also provide you feedback on how they have been working during the class to build and strengthen their skills as a student.
From 5:30 - 8:00 pm, you will be able to make individual visits to your Raider's teachers' classrooms. After learning how they're progressing overall, you will be able to visit the teachers you are most interested in hearing more from. We ask for your patience and understanding as you may have to wait while your chosen teacher finishes visiting with another family. We will make a few announcements as our time together that evening comes to a close. Should you not get to visit with one of your Raider's teachers on Wednesday evening, please reach out to them via email to request additional information or set up a time to meet.
As we work through our final grading period of the 2021-2022 school year, please do not forget how much we appreciate your support and partnership. We know that one reason that we reach the levels of success that we do is because of you and the support you provide your Raider and our campus. Thank you and we look forward to finishing this school year strong together!
Last Call for Yearbook Purchases!
Weekly Campus Events
Monday, March 28:
- Happy Monday!
Wednesday, March 30:
- TeamQuest Regional Round
- Parent-Teacher Conference Night 4:30 - 8:00 pm (Student-Led Conferences in CE Classes 4:30 - 5:30 pm; Individual Classroom Visits 5:30 - 8:00 pm)
Thursday, March 31:
- YISD Honor Choir Rehearsal @ Central Office 9:00 - 2:00 pm
- YISD Honor Choir Performance @ Central Office 6:00 pm
Friday, April 1:
- Happy FriYAY!!
- April Fool's Day
- Online Enrollment/Registration and Transfers open for the 2022-2023 school year
Saturday, April 2:
- Food Distribution 9:00 - 12:00 in Faculty Parking Lot
- Track Meet @ Riverside HS 9:00 am
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
While we understand that our Raiders LOVE to socialize with their friends and hang out with each other, unfortunately for some, it can lead to mischief or more. We are disappointed to report that it has come to our attention there have been a few negative incidents taking place off of our campus property involving some of our students. We have been investigating these incidents, and working with YISD central office, EPPD (if necessary), and the families involved.
We are staffed to ensure the campus is safely cleared by 4:30 pm, so in the interest of student safety, Raiders should be picked up as close to 4:30 as possible. If the arrangement is for your Raider to be picked up, we ask that while they wait for their ride they continue to conduct themselves according to school rules and expectations.
We thank you for your support and partnership in making sure all of our Raiders are safe.
When Should Your Raider Be Absent? (COVID-19 absence guidance)
- Students who are vaccinated, asymptomatic, and not directly exposed to a COVID-19 positive case should come to school. YISD considers these absences unexcused.
- Students who are vaccinated and asymptomatic, but exposed to COVID-19 should come to school as they are low-risk contacts. YISD considers these absences unexcused.
- Students who are unvaccinated and directly exposed to a COVID-19 positive case, vaccinated with COVID-19 symptoms, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results should remain home. Contact our attendance clerk for proper attendance coding and our nurse for health guidance. YISD considers these absences as excused once parent contact has been made.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 should remain home and quarantined. Contact our attendance clerk for proper coding and our nurse for health guidance. YISD considers these absences excused once parent contact has been made.
From the Nurses' Office
All Raiders must attend all of their scheduled classes. Everyone attends from 8:30 am - 4:00, except for zero period students who attend from 7:35 - 4:00 pm.
Attendance for every class period is required and they must be in attendance for 90% of the time each class is offered. Please work with us to make sure your Raider has healthy attendance habits. Attendance is essential to learning but is also a part of our state accountability measure.
Thank you in advance for helping your Raider get to school on time and promoting the expectation for good attendance.